English lit A2 coursework - help with picking texts

Watch
purplewitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The main text of my courswork is Othello and I was going to do the theme of betrayal of trust and include the great gatsby and tess of the d'urbervilles, but now I am thinking of doing the theme of good vs evil. I am thinking of including Rebecca but I don't know what other novel to do with them? I was considering either jane eyre or wuthering heights. Any suggestions on them or other novels I could use?
Thanks!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Tank Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello! I've moved this to the English forum now- you should get more replies here.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by purplewitch)
The main text of my courswork is Othello and I was going to do the theme of betrayal of trust and include the great gatsby and tess of the d'urbervilles, but now I am thinking of doing the theme of good vs evil. I am thinking of including Rebecca but I don't know what other novel to do with them? I was considering either jane eyre or wuthering heights. Any suggestions on them or other novels I could use?
Thanks!
I studied Othello and compared it with Dorian Gray and Enduring Love. I would pick the former because it's an amazing book and is often portrayed as "the novel all teenagers should read"! So I say defo Dorian Gray!
Avila.C
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by purplewitch)
Thanks!
Hey, I'm also looking at Othello and Rebecca but I haven't chosen my question yet for the coursework, I'm guessing you're looking at Love Through the Ages? Rebecca is definitely a good book although lengthy in a sense it covers a lot of themes. Also Jane Eyre is similar to it so if you were to pick them you'd find a lot of similarities.
purplewitch
Rep:
?
yes i am doing love through the ages, i think im going to read jane eyre and as ive already read tess of the d'urbeviles and the great gatsby i will then pick my book to go with othello and rebecca and then my title!
thanks for the reply! i honestly thought no one would!
purplewitch
Rep:
?
i hadnt considered dorian gray i will look into it! thanks so much for the advice!
purplewitch
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tank Girl)
Hello! I've moved this to the English forum now- you should get more replies here.
thanks! my first post, wasnt too sure what i was doing!
David.Brent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I prefer a flan!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.43%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.57%

Watched Threads