Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For chemistry OCR A my ums was;
f321- 63/90 (b)
f322- 105/150 (b)
f323- 46/60 (b)
This rounded up to a low B.
I need an A at a level overall so I would need 266 UMS at A2 to give me an A. But this would mean me having to get at least 90% ums in the a2 modules to be able to get an A overall.
Is it worth re-siing one of my AS modules to try and get a higher ums overall??
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah definitely retake one.
AS Chemistry will be so much easier once you start A2 so that will help with the retake, I'm confident you can get an A in AS.
tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I did ocr AS aswell
I think you should definately resit your f322 as you can gain the most ums from that one,
you could also resit f321 as you need a few more ums for an A. But don't resit this one if you think it'll result in you having too many exams at A2.
It's obviously harder to get the A at A2 than at AS so it'll be best to put yourself at the best possible position to achieve easier
username986184
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bluetac999)
For chemistry OCR A my ums was;
f321- 63/90 (b)
f322- 105/150 (b)
f323- 46/60 (b)
This rounded up to a low B.
I need an A at a level overall so I would need 266 UMS at A2 to give me an A. But this would mean me having to get at least 90% ums in the a2 modules to be able to get an A overall.
Is it worth re-siing one of my AS modules to try and get a higher ums overall??
You've actually got 70% in both 321 and 322. I'd do 322 again if I were you. Don't spend time revising it too early at the expense of 324 and 325 though. On the other hand, you will have to do some work on it. Some pupils I know got less than first sit because they only revised one day before. Although the material is easier they did not remember it clearly. You are lucky to have this chance as this September the new courses start then it's exams at the end of 2 years!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (166)
66.4%
No (84)
33.6%

Watched Threads