Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

the most amazing gig....ever!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    i saw Incubus at Cardiff last night and was the most amazing gig i have ever been to in my life! it even beat radiohead, which is saying a lot!

I got right to the front and Mike Einzeger nodded at me and some guy for our thumbs up and wow, just amazing.

what have everyone elses best gigs been?

ReputationRep:
    Mine by has to be FAC 511

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/revie...224061,00.html

It was a great gig, I've never seen so many famous people in my life, me and my mate were probably one of the minorities to be there who were not in the music industry.

I met Stephen Morris (the drummer from Joy Division/New Order) here and had a short conversation with him.

I was also very close when Barney and the Doves were ferforming. It was a great so many famous people in such a small building.

ReputationRep:
    Going to see Oasis at the Shepheard's Bush Empire for their 10 year anniversary gig was pretty special. Just seeing them in such a small arena play basically a greatest hits set, it was so...intense.
    Seeing Radiohead at South Park, Oxford was good as well. When Thom sang 'rain down, rain down' during Paranoid Android it actually started raining (quite hard actually). Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinball_wizzard)
    Going to see Oasis at the Shepheard's Bush Empire for their 10 year anniversary gig was pretty special. Just seeing them in such a small arena play basically a greatest hits set, it was so...intense.
    Seeing Radiohead at South Park, Oxford was good as well. When Thom sang 'rain down, rain down' during Paranoid Android it actually started raining (quite hard actually). Fantastic.

now that will piss all over Placebo,k and especialy Radiohead :cool:

wish I was going

but the best gig ever, was New Found glory a couple of weeks ago, 30 songs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinball_wizzard)
    wow, radiohead are so great live. I saw them at glastonbury and cardiff last year. the whole crowd at glasto was just singing karma police, and *sigh* was amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    i saw Incubus at Cardiff last night and was the most amazing gig i have ever been to in my life! it even beat radiohead, which is saying a lot!

I got right to the front and Mike Einzeger nodded at me and some guy for our thumbs up and wow, just amazing.

what have everyone elses best gigs been?
    For me it's gotta be Mary J Blige for the No More Drama Tour.

ReputationRep:
    Last nite i saw Ash at Northumbria Uni, and the night before that i saw incubus at the MetroRadio Arena, they were both totally amazing...and now im exhausted!

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say it was the best gig ever but i thought the rapture were amazing at rock city on the nme awards tour this year. normally i hate their style of music but it was truly captivating.

ReputationRep:
    when i went to see Camel at their farewell gig in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by on_a_plain_11)
    Last nite i saw Ash at Northumbria Uni, and the night before that i saw incubus at the MetroRadio Arena, they were both totally amazing...and now im exhausted!
    i saw ash 2 weeks ago in liverpool, they were ok but i thought the atmosphere was a bit mleh.

the first time i saw the lostprophets they were amazing, it was about 2 years ago so they weren't as big as they are now and they gig seemed really personal and had a great atmosphere (and i met 3 of them before), i saw them again in february and was really disapointed because they just weren't as good.

suprisingly the best gig i went to was travis- i expected it to be boring,. but a mate had a spare ticket and i did used to be a big fan a few years ago and they were just so good, they were really funny and chatted between songs, all did funny dances, managed to get a guitar string replaced mid-song (has to be seen) + were completely insane and they just sounded brilliant.

my bf is seeing the chillis next week and i'm so jealous

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    my bf is seeing the chillis next week and i'm so jealous [/color]
    Mwahahaha I'm going to see them June 25th! Although I did see them at V last year, and although very good, weren't amazing. Although Flea did play the trumpet which was very funny, and we got their version of a Donna Summer hit because the side I was stood on could hear the beat from Underworld on the next stage and so the chili's wanted to make it fair so played disco music for the whole of the audience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Mwahahaha I'm going to see them June 25th! Although I did see them at V last year, and although very good, weren't amazing. Although Flea did play the trumpet which was very funny, and we got their version of a Donna Summer hit because the side I was stood on could hear the beat from Underworld on the next stage and so the chili's wanted to make it fair so played disco music for the whole of the audience!
    theres still tickest to see chillis at cardiff but its right in the middle of my exams gutted

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.