The Student Room Group

Has anyone had experience with these universities? (Comp Sci)

Just wandering has anyone been to or heard about these universities, in a broad sense or a computer science sense. (My course). I'm thankful for any input.

York
Queen Mary's London
Nottingham
Liverpool
Reply 1
Original post by lenfam
Just wandering has anyone been to or heard about these universities, in a broad sense or a computer science sense. (My course). I'm thankful for any input.

York
Queen Mary's London
Nottingham
Liverpool

Well Liverpool has 3 Universities. And York has 2. So you need to be more specific if you want help from people.
^ Nottingham also has 2.

I can't say anything relevant to computer science... but I've visited both University of York and University of Nottingham. York has a great reputation, I was really impressed by the department (although that's English, so quite different!) and obviously the city itself is stunning. I firmed Nottingham because I fell in love with it... the campus is *amazing*, the uni has a good reputation, I like the city itself and out of all the universities I chose (York, Nottingham, UEA, Leeds and Sheffield) it seemed like the best for me overall.
Original post by TwinnyP
Well Liverpool has 3 Universities. And York has 2. So you need to be more specific if you want help from people.

Come on, seeing as OP pointed out QMUL, he's most likely looking at the Russell Group unis within those cities. Should be easy enough to infer which unis they are on about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TwinnyP

Liverpool has one uni named Liverpool and York has one uni named York. There's being pedantic and there's being wrong.
Reply 5
Original post by Princepieman
Come on, seeing as OP pointed out QMUL, he's most likely looking at the Russell Group unis within those cities. Should be easy enough to infer which unis they are on about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a clue what the **** the Russell group is. So no, you are wrong.

Original post by callum_law
Liverpool has one uni named Liverpool and York has one uni named York. There's being pedantic and there's being wrong.

The University of Liverpool.
Liverpool Hope.
Liverpool John Moores.

University of York.
York St Johns.

Aye, definitely sounds like I am being pedantic considering 2 cities have 5 Universities between them. All with the cities name in the title :yy:

Why don't either of you offer some constructive help then FFS :lol:
Original post by TwinnyP

The other two are not called "Liverpool" though, are they? York St Johns is never just called "York", is it? No one on planet earth would say "Which uni is better, York or Queen Mary?" referring to St Johns. The younger and less prestigious unis attach phrases to the city name to distinguish themselves from the proper RG unis. You were wrong and you should just admit it, bud. No point trying to save face.
Reply 7
The other two are not called "Liverpool" though, are they? York St Johns is never just called "York", is it? No one on planet earth would say "Which uni is better, York or Queen Mary?" referring to St Johns. The younger and less prestigious unis attach phrases to the city name to distinguish themselves from the proper RG unis. You were wrong and you should just admit it, bud. No point trying to save face.

I see you still haven't offered the OP advice. Which is why you should have came into this thread.

And also, I have been to York for interviews. The universities call themselves their full names. Not just St Johns etc.

P.S. If you are so upset over the prestigious names of lesser universities, then I think you need to get a grip of what priorities you have in your life.
Original post by TwinnyP
I see you still haven't offered the OP advice. Which is why you should have came into this thread.

You didn't offer any advice. You produced a stupid objection. And I don't care about the names of the unis; it was you who took objection to the names presumably because you study at one of the random ones in Liverpool and don't like being overlooked. I only care that you were wrong—nothing more and nothing less.
Reply 9
You didn't offer any advice. You produced a stupid objection. And I don't care about the names of the unis; it was you who took objection to the names presumably because you study at one of the random ones in Liverpool and don't like being overlooked. I only care that you were wrong—nothing more and nothing less.

I didn't take objection at all, I asked him to be more specific so people could help. Like me, other people don't no all this Russell group crap. So if you say "A university in Liverpool/York/etc" That could be anyone of them to me. Hence the girl who replied after me, stated there is 2 in Nottingham aswell.

And again, I don't know which Universities you class as "important" in order for the other to be "random". So that's a stupid point aswell :yy:
Original post by TwinnyP
I didn't take objection at all, I asked him to be more specific so people could help. Like me, other people don't no all this Russell group crap. So if you say "A university in Liverpool/York/etc" That could be anyone of them to me. Hence the girl who replied after me, stated there is 2 in Nottingham aswell.

The OP never said "a university in Liverpool, York etc". They said "have you heard about these universities: Liverpool, York etc." I don't think the OP could have been any clearer about what they meant other than if they said "Liverpool University [not LJMU or Hope or one in Canada or Australia, or even New Zealand]".
The OP never said "a university in Liverpool, York etc". They said "have you heard about these universities: Liverpool, York etc." I don't think the OP could have been any clearer about what they meant other than if they said "Liverpool University [not LJMU or Hope or one in Canada or Australia, or even New Zealand]".

Judging by your posts about Universities, you see to have a thing for Russell group Universities and depending on what Uni you go too, depends on what kind of person you are in society. How shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending