Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I got
OCR Biology - D with 109 equivalent marks
BROKEN DOWN INTO SECTIONS :
cells,exchange and transport - B with 63 marks
Biological molecules /food and health/biodiversity and evolution - D with 75 marks
Coursework (practical skills in biology) - E with 28 marks

Due to the whole syllabus now changing for OCR I cant retake biology..and I personally found the coursework in biology really challenging although it was reasonably simple the questions seemed to be not quite straightforward and I dont know the grade boundaries for any of the exams ( if anyone does know please let me know) and would like to know how i could bring my grade up to atleast a C although I would really like a B..is it possible? I dont know what to do
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hannahraw_)
So I got
Biological molecules /food and health/biodiversity and evolution - D with 75 marks

Due to the whole syllabus now changing for OCR I cant retake biology..and I personally found the coursework in biology really challenging although it was reasonably simple the questions seemed to be not quite straightforward and I dont know the grade boundaries for any of the exams ( if anyone does know please let me know) and would like to know how i could bring my grade up to atleast a C although I would really like a B..is it possible? I dont know what to do
I'm assuming you have done this at AS. If so, do well at A2 and your grades will go up (there are people that have gotten D/C's at AS, who have gotten As without retaking modules).
φM23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hannahraw_)
So I got

Here are this year's grade boundaries - http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246983-...ludes-gcse.pdf

Although your school won't be teaching the old spec, exam boards are still doing the old spec exams next year along with the new spec to allow people who did AS this year resit if they wish. Maybe you could do that as well as A2?
purplewitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i know people always say it but past papers do help, some of the questions have a standard answer for them, so practicing you will be able to spot them, and you will be able to write basically the same answer each time. im doing the aqa exam board but i think they are similar in techniques. my cw was really hard too, i think for that you just need to learn lots of the info on that topic then just write loads of info for it (if you have time) and with the key words.

but dont worry, grades can go up dramatically at a2
hope it helps a bit
Hannahraw_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
I'm assuming you have done this at AS. If so, do well at A2 and your grades will go up (there are people that have gotten D/C's at AS, who have gotten As without retaking modules).
That's what im going to try and do but wont UNI'S look down on it?or at the end of A2 are your AS and A2 put together as a overall grade. Also I think I might be able to retake my coursework do you know if that would make much of a difference as I did get a E?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%