The Student Room Group

Help with an essay to help get me into London South Bank University

Hey, jus wondering if anyone could help me, either by telling me good websites to go to or just generally helping me with what to write.

I have an interview at Uni on Tuesday and during my interview i have to do a 30 minute essay, the title is as follows:

Being a Children's nurse requires many special qualities and skills. Discuss these in relation to caring for a sick child and their family in hospital.

I have to discuss the positive and negative aspects.

Please reply asap, thanx you xxx :smile:
Reply 1
no idea...sorry
Reply 2
Thanx neway - im shi**ing myself now! it's so close and i still dunno what to write
Reply 3
Can Ne Body Help Me Plz - Im Desperate As This Is My Last Uni Interview And If I Dont Get This One Then I Wont B Able To Go This Yr!

Thank You Xxx
Reply 4
is this an interview for nursing then..?

well, presumably you know why you'd want to be one..so link qualities you think you have with those necessary to be a children's nurse..

maybe check some websites that have nursing courses & see what qualities they think you need for the course? or look up NHS info about nursing?

i'd say what i thought.. but the point of this is to get your thoughts as a framework for the interview i think..so it would be pointless..
Reply 5
Thanx Il Look On Nhs Websites, Thanx Alot Xxx
Lozpot
Hey, jus wondering if anyone could help me, either by telling me good websites to go to or just generally helping me with what to write.

I have an interview at Uni on Tuesday and during my interview i have to do a 30 minute essay, the title is as follows:

Being a Children's nurse requires many special qualities and skills. Discuss these in relation to caring for a sick child and their family in hospital.

I have to discuss the positive and negative aspects.

Please reply asap, thanx you xxx :smile:

For weaknesses i guess you should discuss the barriers. For example what if a child only could speak one language that you cant speak. this will limit your skills. Also religion and cultural reasons why someone may not want you to provide a care service. Gender differences may be misunderstood. You can resolve this by working in a professional manner where you would be meeting his or her needs to provide the outcome of care they want. Think about your communication skills. What could you bring to a group of children. Speak about your skills you would have learnt in other relevant courses you have studied. What about placements you have had working with children. Making sure your aware of your clients and provide / show the following qualities such as respect, behaviour, dignity and working in an ethical framework.

Hope that helps. My mate did something similar for social work.
Reply 7
Yea that has helped me, thanx! It's brought up other ideas in my head aswell - i just need someone to start me off and then i can think of loadsa things. Thats good, thank you xxx
Lozpot
Yea that has helped me, thanx! It's brought up other ideas in my head aswell - i just need someone to start me off and then i can think of loadsa things. Thats good, thank you xxx

You need to be self aware and very interested in people's behaviour. The ability to remain non-judgemental and objective is an important aspect of the role. You will need to be sensitive and tolerant when caring for clients and their families.

If i think of anything more that i will get back.
Reply 9
Cheers! You've got some good thoughts there and they are helping me like you will never understand xxx
Reply 10
Can ne1 else help?! PLZ
Reply 11
understanding consent laws might be an issue.. tricky situations when children disgaree with their parents/doctor's wishes for treatment?

= role as a mediator

Latest

Trending

Trending