Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My AS results weren't so bad, but most likely could of been better had I put in more time and revision into my studies. Revision is a hard one for me. I don't like to say I am lazy, but quite frankly compared to many perhaps I am. I can't seem to concentrate and enjoy me time revising - even if I do have a passion for the subject. During my free periods, I feel more inclined to sleep in or talk to my friends who too aren't revising. After school etc, my mind cannot handle a lot of studying. I usually get engrossed in playing video games (I love playing them - dream job would be to be famous streamer making vids for a living). Of course, this is unpractical and there are so many other jobs I would love to do too. I do revise... and I attend all my lessons, but I easily get bored and lose concentration and eventually say something like 'Oh I'll do this later'.

My question is what motivates you to revise and what could I do to perhaps tell myself to open the book without getting bored by 2 mins? After the holidays, I really want to dedicate myself to studying but I need to find a way to keep myself motivated.
GOKU27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just thought of my parents faces when I flop lol
Khanthebrit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by GOKU27)
I just thought of my parents faces when I flop lol
My Parents aren't like that though. They think I work extremely hard and would be happy with whatever grades I got, whether they would of be UUUU to A*A*A*A*. I say that with no joke, my Dad is always going on about 'I don't care about what you got, as long as you tried your best.' I always feeling like I could do better though!
User2112299
Badges: 3
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
My AS results weren't so bad, but most likely could of been better had I put in more time and revision into my studies. Revision is a hard one for me. I don't like to say I am lazy, but quite frankly compared to many perhaps I am. I can't seem to concentrate and enjoy me time revising - even if I do have a passion for the subject. During my free periods, I feel more inclined to sleep in or talk to my friends who too aren't revising. After school etc, my mind cannot handle a lot of studying. I usually get engrossed in playing video games (I love playing them - dream job would be to be famous streamer making vids for a living). Of course, this is unpractical and there are so many other jobs I would love to do too. I do revise... and I attend all my lessons, but I easily get bored and lose concentration and eventually say something like 'Oh I'll do this later'.

My question is what motivates you to revise and what could I do to perhaps tell myself to open the book without getting bored by 2 mins? After the holidays, I really want to dedicate myself to studying but I need to find a way to keep myself motivated.
As depressing as it sounds, I'm motivated by the fear of failure and 'not being good enough'. Even though my parents both did ok at school and got good degrees, so far I'm beating them as such and they know I work hard and are happy with whatever, but I can't stand the idea of not doing the best that I can and receiving the best grades I'm capable of (which sucks when I know I'm capable of getting too marks). If you need a more solid idea, then imagine opening your results and seeing that you've got the grades you're currently working at, would you be happy with them? Or unhappy? And if so, would you rather change it now whilst you have the chance to improve or leave it as something to regret? This kind of mentality somehow makes me both petrified of failure and so motivated to be the best I can that I work my ass off (no idea if it will work for others but I'd like to hope so!) good luck!
GOKU27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Khanthebrit)
My Parents aren't like that though. They think I work extremely hard and would be happy with whatever grades I got, whether they would of be UUUU to A*A*A*A*. I say that with no joke, my Dad is always going on about 'I don't care about what you got, as long as you tried your best.' I always feeling like I could do better though!
But if they think you work hard why would they not expect higher grades? If that doesn't work just think about your future and what you want to achieve in life, that always gets me motivated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tealites
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Honestly, I think one of the most helpful things to remember is how privileged you are to even have an education.
There are so many little girls and boys in the third world that literally cry because they can't go to school because it's been bombed or because they are orphans and can't afford to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads