Not sure what subject to study at university either Economics or Computer Science?

Watch
Ibby742
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys I'm going into A2 this year and gonna apply for university soon so I need some advice on what subject I should apply for and study at university. I'm stuck between Economics and Computer Science as I would like to study any two. Right now I just want to know what course I would be a better applicant for and the course with the better university options. My AS-level grades are A for Maths, Economics and Biology and a B for Chemistry. I plan to drop biology this year as I don't enjoy it so please don't ask me about that. Thanks
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ibby742)
Hi guys I'm going into A2 this year and gonna apply for university soon so I need some advice on what subject I should apply for and study at university. I'm stuck between Economics and Computer Science as I would like to study any two. Right now I just want to know what course I would be a better applicant for and the course with the better university options. My AS-level grades are A for Maths, Economics and Biology and a B for Chemistry. I plan to drop biology this year as I don't enjoy it so please don't ask me about that. Thanks
With the subjects you have got you can do either, i would think about which subject you actually enjoy the most, and you need to think about the very heavy maths load of computer science. Do you actually like maths that much and are you into code and things like that?
Ibby742
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
With the subjects you have got you can do either, i would think about which subject you actually enjoy the most, and you need to think about the very heavy maths load of computer science. Do you actually like maths that much and are you into code and things like that?
I actually do enjoy maths so I'm not afraid of the maths involved. I'm interested in code but I dont really have any coding experience at all :/
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ibby742)
I actually do enjoy maths so I'm not afraid of the maths involved. I'm interested in code but I dont really have any coding experience at all :/
I would recommend getting a few books on coding or trying to teach yourself some basic coding to see if you like it
Ibby742
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
I would recommend getting a few books on coding or trying to teach yourself some basic coding to see if you like it
Yeah ive tried it out a few times. Just basic things, I do find it quite interesting but yeah i should get a few books and teach myself a little.
Ibby742
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads