The Student Room Group

Freshers tickets

Is there anything you can do if your freshers tickets have sold out?!
Try to buy one off somebody that already has one.
Original post by PorschaT123
Is there anything you can do if your freshers tickets have sold out?!

You can see if there is anybody selling spare tickets or you can attempt to turn up at the events and seeing if they are allowing a certain number of 'buy-on-the-door' entries.
Join the uni facebook page and when you start there will be hundreds of people selling tickets, don't stress it too much.
Reply 4
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
You can see if there is anybody selling spare tickets or you can attempt to turn up at the events and seeing if they are allowing a certain number of 'buy-on-the-door' entries.

Thanks i'll give that a try!
People always sell their tickets on the day and sometimes tickets are available on the door!
Give your SU an email or something, we can't do much about it on TSR I'm afraid! :smile:
What in the hell is all the freshers ticket stuff about anyway? I just thought you went on and did stuff after the uni events? Guess I'm not really getting involved, I'll stick to our student bar!
Original post by gundog48
What in the hell is all the freshers ticket stuff about anyway? I just thought you went on and did stuff after the uni events? Guess I'm not really getting involved, I'll stick to our student bar!

Check with your SU as freshers weeks are completely different from one another. At the unis I've been to, there are events until a time and then people head into town for the bigger nights (often featuring celebs).
Original post by Roving Fish
Check with your SU as freshers weeks are completely different from one another. At the unis I've been to, there are events until a time and then people head into town for the bigger nights (often featuring celebs).

I'll have a look. I'm in our Facebook freshers page but I swear everybody seems to know things I don't! They're all talking about who's going to specific events I've heard nothing about and posting about clubs like they've lived there their whole lives! That said, it's all club stuff which doesn't bother me all that much. I love a drink, but more of a pup person really. Probably better just to talk to people and sort our own thing out when I'm there.
Reply 10
Original post by gundog48

Thats the same thing i thought, that you did it after you got there not before
Original post by PorschaT123
Thats the same thing i thought, that you did it after you got there not before

I'm just playing it by ear, I'll probably just chill out and hit the local pubs with whatever mates I make, if any! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending