Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A very good evening to all,

Well the time to CBAT is nearing and I'm around 1% excited and 99% nervous 😁. It'll probably remain this way until next Monday evening when I can relax with a nice ice cold Kopparberg!!

Having read through previous CBAT threads, many seem to be from the 2013 period, I was hoping we could start a new 'Sticky' post for CBAT, again so people can go and post their experiences from their time undertaking the tests.

I've seen the 'PREPARE AND STUDY' comments all over CBAT posts prior, but also heard that the batch of tests for WSOp don't all require SDT. Now not for a minute am I saying or indeed thinking 'one less thing to study for' but have those who have gone through the system recently noticed this? Especially for WSOp or indeed SNCO ATC?

Could anyone share any light? I must emphasise, I don't wish to go to CBAT thinking 'no SDT' but any prior gen would be great.

Again, if this could be made a sticky, or indeed amalgamated with another sticky of similar relevance, would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0902)
A very good evening to all,

Well the time to CBAT is nearing and I'm around 1% excited and 99% nervous 😁. It'll probably remain this way until next Monday evening when I can relax with a nice ice cold Kopparberg!!

Having read through previous CBAT threads, many seem to be from the 2013 period, I was hoping we could start a new 'Sticky' post for CBAT, again so people can go and post their experiences from their time undertaking the tests.

I've seen the 'PREPARE AND STUDY' comments all over CBAT posts prior, but also heard that the batch of tests for WSOp don't all require SDT. Now not for a minute am I saying or indeed thinking 'one less thing to study for' but have those who have gone through the system recently noticed this? Especially for WSOp or indeed SNCO ATC?

Could anyone share any light? I must emphasise, I don't wish to go to CBAT thinking 'no SDT' but any prior gen would be great.

Again, if this could be made a sticky, or indeed amalgamated with another sticky of similar relevance, would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Posted from TSR Mobile
0902, here's my thoughts.

The reason there is no sticky is because the tests change often and cannot be realistically be prepared for or described fully.

Even if they could be described, the people amongst us who serve or have served wouldn't want them to because it gives people an unfair advantage on the rest of the candidates and doesn't show your natural aptitude.

The reason why most of our advice is practice speed distance time is because it gets your mind used to the type of arithmetic you will most likely face during CBAT, whether or not they are directly SDT questions.

It's the closest thing the armed forces can get to an assesment of a candidates innate aptitude without the costs running to an unfeasible limit.

It's a case of doing the best you can on the day and seeing what you get.

However those are just my thoughts, Schleigg may well feel differently and wish to make a sticky as you've suggested.

Good luck next week, lets us know how you get on.

AT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by AlphaTango)
0902, here's my thoughts.

The reason there is no sticky is because the tests change often and cannot be realistically be prepared for or described fully.

Even if they could be described, the people amongst us who serve or have served wouldn't want them to because it gives people an unfair advantage on the rest of the candidates and doesn't show your natural aptitude.

The reason why most of our advice is practice speed distance time is because it gets your mind used to the type of arithmetic you will most likely face during CBAT, whether or not they are directly SDT questions.

It's the closest thing the armed forces can get to an assesment of a candidates innate aptitude without the costs running to an unfeasible limit.

It's a case of doing the best you can on the day and seeing what you get.

However those are just my thoughts, Schleigg may well feel differently and wish to make a sticky as you've suggested.

Good luck next week, lets us know how you get on.

AT
AlphaTango,

Fully appreciate your reply. Thank you.

I certainly hope I didn't come across as wishing to be spoon-fed in what could come up, I was only interested as I'd seen a few posts (from a few months back) mentioning that certain branches include/exclude tests depending on the role you are going for, however I also agree that it isn't right to be disclosing such information.

I suppose I'm also looking for any answer that could help calm ones nerves 😂. I'm incredibly passionate about this role and just fear the failure.

Thank you, either way - I'll inform you of my result.

All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads