Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Questions I can remember for HH&D (not word for word, not in order or even probably accurate):

- 3 components of a diet that provide energy

- Tick sheet of Essential Amino Acids/ properties ect

- Long term effects of starvation other than growth

- Two disease described in paragraph

- How CO & NO increase clots and atherosclerosis

- Clotting and CHD

- Percentage question on graph

- describing graph of TV & max capacity

- The ambiguous question on mucus/decreased surface area

- 3 ways HIV transmitted (other than sexual contact)

- Lots of questions on describing graphs (AIDS)

- How health statistics are helpful

- 'Fill the gap' Exercise on Immunity

- Essay question on T-cells

All I can remember. If anyone wants the Transport questions up that I can remember, just ask.
    wow - u hav a good memory

ReputationRep:
    found transport and foundation pretty good, but i was upset at HH&D-found it really difficult-prob have to retake that paper!!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    The two questions on Zimbabwe and the UK i swear I end up putting the same answer for both! Those questions were annoying. And for the stuff about homosexual men, why is it on the increase? Gosh I was such an idiot I was frantically searching for something to say- I put about increased sexual freedom and onset of immunity to drugs whcih I think is completely wrong, I also wrote about drug development and AIDS awareness for other questions which I dont think is what they were looking for.

For Foundation, the first page, what energy is needed for chemical reactions to take place and what is the DNA strand thingy about?

ANd for 3 ways in which AIDS is contracted I could only remember 2 :-/
    was the question about why HIV/AIDS was on the increase towards the end? I can't remember it at all and so am hoping I didn't miss it out. The questions towards the end asking why the diagnosis of AIDS was going down, what did everyone put for that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dream3r I can usually remember information in short periods of time, I just struggle applying it.

Tealer - I got some similar answers to you, that must be a good sign.

Transport questions I can remember (one again; not in order, possibly not accurate ect):

- Water diffusion in microorganism

- Why tree's need transport systems

- Define transpiration

- describe graph (trans. Vs absorb.)

- calc. percentage where absorb. exceeded trans.

- Label 2 components of the heart

- Draw arrows on movement of blood in heart

- Thickness of walls (in mm)

- Essay question on AVN/SAN/Heatbeat ect

- define partial pressure

- Why athletes use the hormone that stimulates extra erythrocytes

That's all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    *groans* if one more person says they found foundation easy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    *groans* if one more person says they found foundation easy....

Don't worry dust, if you revised like mad then Foundation was easy in the sense that it wasn't ambiguous and questions were more straightforward and application of knowledge was easier to do, but the paper itself was by no means easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Thanks dream3r I can usually remember information in short periods of time, I just struggle applying it.

Transport questions I can remember (one again; not in order, possibly not accurate ect):

- Define transpiration

ONCE AGAIN - brilliant memory!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LS.]So, what Units did you do, and how did you find it?

HH&D - Thought there was a bit much 'graph description' stuff.[QUOTE]

I liked Foundation, HH&D and Transport. They were nice and easy, although HH&D was just silly. Shouldn't the examiners test our knowledge instead of asking us to describe loads of graphs? There were barely any questions about HH&D in it and even the questions about the graphs - they just wanted us to describe the trends, but didn't want explanations most of the time. That was jaut annoying. Apart from that, i had enough time and could answer every single questions

By the way, did anyone do the Practical Exam on the 18th May??? If so, how did you find it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I really wish I re-took Foundation, everyone keeps telling me that it was really easy.

I also found in HH&D it was difficult to get in 'biological' knowledge on some of the questions. And I think some of the graphs were diffcult to describe - there were so many increases and decreases.

I don't know what the weathers like elsewhere in the country - but it's like 29 degrees here, I really couldn't wait to get out the exam hall.
    I fully agree with you about the exams

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a thread somewhere about the bio pratical exam, the basic jist was that everyone found there was not enough time / people thought they'd done badly.

Yeah, HH&D had way too many graphs - I can understand one 4 mark questions on actually describing the graph - and other questions asking for explanations - but biological ones - not "why has the number of cases of men being infected with HIV increases over the past 4 years" - or whatever it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)

- Define transpiration

do u know the answers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)

- Define transpiration

i did Foundation and Transport- both went OK ithink..but did anyone else find that they were writing about diffusion/osmosis quite a lot- for both papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    do u know the answers??
    Let me quote myself from earlier:

Since I don't exactly remember all the questions I can't really answer them + I don't see the point in putting up the answers. I'm just putting up questions to jog peoples memory so they can comment on what they found easy/hard.
    hihihihi - Actually, I didn't find myself writing about that a lot! I hope that isn't a bad sign....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I think there's a thread somewhere about the bio pratical exam, the basic jist was that everyone found there was not enough time / people thought they'd done badly.

Yeah, HH&D had way too many graphs - I can understand one 4 mark questions on actually describing the graph - and other questions asking for explanations - but biological ones - not "why has the number of cases of men being infected with HIV increases over the past 4 years" - or whatever it was.
    Thanx for filling me in on how the practical was preceived by most of you.
    What i meant about the fact that there was too much description of graphs for the HH&D, was that i would have rather had some more questions were i could have applied my knowledge more, as describing and explaining trends doesn't really take that much and you can't really show that you know you're stuff. But thanx anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schuppy124)
    Thanx for filling me in on how the practical was preceived by most of you.
    Small bio-pratical after discussion

(Original post by schuppy124)
    What i meant about the fact that there was too much description of graphs for the HH&D, was that i would have rather had some more questions were i could have applied my knowledge more, as describing and explaining trends doesn't really take that much and you can't really show that you know you're stuff. But thanx anyways.
    This is what I was getting at - as I said, I could understand If there was just one graph desciption question, and more actually asking about biological understanding.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.