The Student Room Group

DSA Book Funding - Am I too late?

I have approved funding for printing and books for 2014/15. The approval came very late in the year and it's my understanding that you can't claim for things bought before the approval. I've had a pretty stressful day trying to work out what books I can get and rushing to the bookshop.

The book I got was a collection of several books by the same author - one being a core text. So I'm not sure if I can claim for that.

And as it's just turned 00:01 September 1st - am I too late to use the allotted funds?

I have a mitigating circumstances claim accepted and I am still writing my last essay.

I'm not really clear from the other threads what a Core Text is. Like, we looked at loads of different texts in some of my modules. I'm not sure which were core and which were recommended.

My course is modular so I have until October to re-enrol. But I'm going to defer for a year and possibly switch course. So I won't have DSA for 2015/16.

My DSA is for mental health and I feel really awful for having wasted the funding and missed out on buying books. I was hoping to buy a Shakespeare book that I could use for something else. But having read some of the threads I'm not sure if this would be accepted as it's not on the reading list.

And then - should they even be from the reading list? Do they have to be about essay skills etc?
Original post by decibel
I have approved funding for printing and books for 2014/15. The approval came very late in the year and it's my understanding that you can't claim for things bought before the approval. I've had a pretty stressful day trying to work out what books I can get and rushing to the bookshop.

The book I got was a collection of several books by the same author - one being a core text. So I'm not sure if I can claim for that.

And as it's just turned 00:01 September 1st - am I too late to use the allotted funds?

I have a mitigating circumstances claim accepted and I am still writing my last essay.

I'm not really clear from the other threads what a Core Text is. Like, we looked at loads of different texts in some of my modules. I'm not sure which were core and which were recommended.

My course is modular so I have until October to re-enrol. But I'm going to defer for a year and possibly switch course. So I won't have DSA for 2015/16.

My DSA is for mental health and I feel really awful for having wasted the funding and missed out on buying books. I was hoping to buy a Shakespeare book that I could use for something else. But having read some of the threads I'm not sure if this would be accepted as it's not on the reading list.

And then - should they even be from the reading list? Do they have to be about essay skills etc?

Your award will state that set-books are not claimable so any book that is on a reading list is not refundable. Otherwise you should be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest