amina126
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by brybry96)
I'm studying... Cardiac Physiology

My study level is... University undergraduate
Any tips on how to write a personal statement as I want to study cardiac physiology aswell.
thanks
brybry96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by amina126)
Any tips on how to write a personal statement as I want to study cardiac physiology aswell.
thanks
Hiya! What unis are you applying to?

I mentioned why I wanted to study this particular area. E.g. I studied biology at A level, and was really interested in the cardiac cycle. I also mentioned my other subjects and how they may help me in this career.

I also wrote about the week's worth of experience I had in the cardiorespiratory dept of my local hospital. If this isn't possible for you, I'd mention any type of work experience or employment you've had that involved communicating with others. Communication is key in this line of work so get that in there if you can! Don't forget this is a healthcare profession so keep stressing the fact you want to help and care for people (if you do, don't lie haha). Sell yourself :-)

You'll more than likely have to have an interview for this degree, so don't lie in your personal statement because they may question you on the smallest thing. Piece of advice for interviews: research the career of the cardiac physiologist. So so so many questions asked about that haha.

Good luck! If you need any further help, just give me a shout :-)
amina126
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am applying to university of leeds, Manchester met, university of Wolverhampton and Thank you so much for the information, I truly appreciate it. I have nearly finished my personal statement and would like to ask if it is okay with you if you could have a look at it once it is done? 😄✌🏼

Also, I have work experience at a pharmacy department in a hospital, should I include this?

Kind regards,
Amina

Posted from TSR Mobile
brybry96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya!

That's fine with me, if I message you my email address, you can send it over once you've finished :-)

You should definitely consider mentioning it. Don't get too involved with the medicine side of things though. You could focus on communicating with poorly patients maybe?

Bryonie
amina126
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by brybry96)
Hiya!

That's fine with me, if I message you my email address, you can send it over once you've finished :-)

You should definitely consider mentioning it. Don't get too involved with the medicine side of things though. You could focus on communicating with poorly patients maybe?

Bryonie
i sent you my Personal statement, have you had time to read it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.69%
I don't have everything I need (143)
42.31%

Watched Threads