The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not too bad. Was a bit easier than i thought it would be.
Reply 2
yeh I just did both BYA1 and BYA2, and thought they were easy enough.

Its just getting all the points they ask for in the mark scheme, AQA is very stirct in that way.
i found it ok, it went a lot better than expected.i managed to answer all the questions. what was going on with the rungs?! i didn't understand that, wrote something down though!
argh, my back is killing me from sitting for 3 HOURS doin all 3 bio modules! lol

erm i found most of the q's to be fine, got a lil confuddled wit the con desity of the blue solution ....and the maths lol-but im pants at that tho thought i did ok!
-u mean the plant where the phloem had been cut out so the sugar solution was higher at the topt han bottom rite?
basically-sugar will move up n down te plant in the ploem, but by removing it, all the sugar that is already at the top of the plant will not be able to come back down, by travelling up the xylem, more sugar will go to the top of the plant, therefore builds up as none can go back down, therfore the conc is higher than in the control, where the sugar can travel up n dowwn :smile:

lol

but yeah thought it was all ok really
x
i dont thunk i did that module, i only did BYA2
Reply 6
I just did the 3 BYB modules.
They were better than i thought they would be, overall I think I've done well hopefully.
bubblin_wit_Lee

got a lil confuddled wit the con desity of the blue solution
x

I'm panicking now. I didn't see a question about a blue solution. Have I misse dout a question??!!! Noooooooo......
ButterCookie
I'm panicking now. I didn't see a question about a blue solution. Have I missed out a question??!!! Noooooooo......

i dont think so, i didnt see a question on solutions, i think it was a different module . what module did u do? i did BYA2
Reply 9
I did BYA2 as well and there was no question about a blue solution.

Maybe yours was specification B
I did modules 2 and 3 AQA-B.
I did AQA-B 2 and 3

For once I thought 3 was harder than 2 but I revised like crazy and think I did pretty darn well!! I even remembered the interphase, prophase etc etc :smile:
Reply 12
What were the two pictured stages of mitosis near the start of the paper?

Also, was the "How many bases" question: 3 x 1480 = 4440?

What were TWO concerns some people might have with genetically modified maize?
r u sure this is spec A AQA BYA2 with the blue solution i checked my paper thru so many times and i never saw that question, i know i didnt miss any out!
Reply 14
no their all talking about spec B

I did spec A and didn't come across it either
Reply 15
I also did spec A (sorry for not making that clear!).

There was actually an error on the hormone cycle graph. They had swapped around 2 hormones. My teacher himself told me that there was an error. Was anyone informed of this before starting the exam? If not, will we be automatically awarded marks for that question or what?
Reply 16
is this hormone question on the spec A BYA2?

I don't remember noticing it, but then I didn't really look at the graph, there all the same and so I just answer question as normal.
Although the graph was a bit confusing as all the lines looked very similar, especially when they crossed, we need colour versions :smile:

That question has come up so many times before, I doubt if many people will have noticed.
Reply 17
if it was an error what do they normally do? Its strange they didn't pick up on something like that before exam.

They'll probbaly try and keep it all hush hush and hope no one complains
Reply 18
Drunk1000
What were the two pictured stages of mitosis near the start of the paper?

Also, was the "How many bases" question: 3 x 1480 = 4440?

I got 4440 for an answer and i'm positive that's right.
For the pics I guessed prophase (i don't know if it could have been interphase) and anaphase.
Ghost
I also did spec A (sorry for not making that clear!).

There was actually an error on the hormone cycle graph. They had swapped around 2 hormones. My teacher himself told me that there was an error. Was anyone informed of this before starting the exam? If not, will we be automatically awarded marks for that question or what?

oh no we never got told! i know LH increases during ovulation
but what about the others im worried now shit

Latest

Trending

Trending