The Student Room Group

Psychology difficult to do?

Been looking into doing Psychology A level but been told its quite difficult to understand without having done a GCSE in it.. When I was at school that wasn't even an option for GCSE.

Can I really do it or am I being stupid trying?
I have never studied Psychology at GCSE and I chose it for A level because it sounded interesting. I just completed AS Psychology and manage to achieve an A. I am also predicted an A for A2 Psychology. If you are good at memorising information and you are interested in the subject, it shouldn't be a problem for you. I hope that answers your question. Good luck :smile:
Original post by DeadEnd_96
I have never studied Psychology at GCSE and I chose it for A level because it sounded interesting. I just completed AS Psychology and manage to achieve an A. I am also predicted an A for A2 Psychology. If you are good at memorising information and you are interested in the subject, it shouldn't be a problem for you. I hope that answers your question. Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for replying.
First time ever doing A levels and I'm so excited.. Hoping I will make the right decision and do ok.
Never did psychology before AS level, I chose it because our school makes us do 4 A levels and j just chose it because it sounded fun, God I was wrong. The amount of work is the highest I've done in any subject ever, it's repetitive and thus boring, the whole idea itself is interesting but wether it was just the course is poorly planned out or the fact it genuinely is boring a matter of opinion. If you are like me and just choose it and you're not interested in it much, do not choose it, it reflected in the grade I got when I 'achieved' and E

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Richpeasant
Never did psychology before AS level, I chose it because our school makes us do 4 A levels and j just chose it because it sounded fun, God I was wrong. The amount of work is the highest I've done in any subject ever, it's repetitive and thus boring, the whole idea itself is interesting but wether it was just the course is poorly planned out or the fact it genuinely is boring a matter of opinion. If you are like me and just choose it and you're not interested in it much, do not choose it, it reflected in the grade I got when I 'achieved' and E

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would you have done instead? I'm only doing two and I'm doing them online and having to pay for them... I want one that is interesting but will actually help me if I want to go to University.
Original post by Shellbell0199
What would you have done instead? I'm only doing two and I'm doing them online and having to pay for them... I want one that is interesting but will actually help me if I want to go to University.

Sorry about the late rely, i was sleeping :biggrin: I quite enjoy Biology however i'm not sure how easy it would be to do online
Original post by Richpeasant
Sorry about the late rely, i was sleeping :biggrin: I quite enjoy Biology however i'm not sure how easy it would be to do online

Hey, so I had a think and looked on the courses available from my online courses and they have a Level 3 Child Psychology course available and it looks way more interesting :smile:
Pretty sure I'm going to look into doing that and A level Sociology :smile:
Original post by Shellbell0199
Hey, so I had a think and looked on the courses available from my online courses and they have a Level 3 Child Psychology course available and it looks way more interesting :smile:
Pretty sure I'm going to look into doing that and A level Sociology :smile:

What ever floats your boat, make sure you make the correct choice or you're stuck with it for 2 years :biggrin:
I never took GCSE psychology and decided to at A level to fill up a space, and it turns out it's my favourite and I'm hoping to do it at university.
Not going to lie, there is quite a bit to remember with studies and information but if you work hard it'll pay off! I achieved a B at AS (going to retake a unit)

Quick Reply

Latest