The Student Room Group

AQA or EdExcel Biology AS/A2

I am planning on taking Biology and Chemistry AS and A2 as a private candidate. Could someone who has taken either subject using AQA or EdExcel please let me know how the practical element of the courses was treated for each specification?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by wanab
I am planning on taking Biology and Chemistry AS and A2 as a private candidate. Could someone who has taken either subject using AQA or EdExcel please let me know how the practical element of the courses was treated for each specification?

There are new specifications just starting and how the practical element works has completely changed so former students advice is not going to be much help.
Reply 2
I plan on taking them both over the next 12 months - so I will be the last of the old spec.
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
Original post by wanab

For both AQA and Edexcel there are 2 options for the practical units depending on whether it is going to be marked by the centre (and moderated by the exam board) or marked by the exam board.

Are you asking because you are trying to decided which spec to do? I'd find a centre willing to let you take the practical units at a not too extortionate price and choose what they do.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
For both AQA and Edexcel there are 2 options for the practical units depending on whether it is going to be marked by the centre (and moderated by the exam board) or marked by the exam board.

Are you asking because you are trying to decided which spec to do? I'd find a centre willing to let you take the practical units at a not too extortionate price and choose what they do.

The centre I've found will take for either, they have no preference which is why I'm struggling to work out which one to do :frown: it was a lot easier when I was at school and the exam board was picked for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest