Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Well, there must be some demand for an improved version or they wouldn't offer the service. I wouldn't "upgrade" though, I'll be happy with my simple A4 sheet.
    And there's always the MA one to wait for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    And there's always the MA one to wait for
    Yeah of course. How long does that take, haven't you got to wait 5 years or something? All seems a bit pointless to do, but then a lot of things at Oxford seem rather pointless.

ReputationRep:
    where does the tradition of us oxbridge types getting a no-work MA come from? Isn't it a bit embarrassing to write MA (Cantab) after your name?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daydream (though it is night now ...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Yeah of course. How long does that take, haven't you got to wait 5 years or something? All seems a bit pointless to do, but then a lot of things at Oxford seem rather pointless.
    6½ after matriculation or something stupid like that. Then you just show up at the Senate House for a session (you have to book) and get your degree. Woo.

Daydreamer - I can only assume you would only write that in certain circumstances; nobody writes it as part of their signature or anything!

ReputationRep:
    The MA ceremony is in the seventh academic year after your matriculation. So Since I matriculated in 1998, my MA ceremony is in 2005. It's always in the university Easter holidays and is really just and excuse for a reunion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Yes, it does rather look like they spent 10 seconds with a word processor to produce it. But what's the point of buying a presentable one? - it's not the sort of thing you can hang on a wall without looking like a total git.
    i've seen quite a few in my tutor's rooms.. but then maybe because a medical degree is more vocational it is the kind of thing you might want to display? my hairdressers has their qualification certificates up too, so..

the best results certificates were the boards with holograms..fabulous.

& by the sounds of it, my MA ceremony would be just after i'd moved to by pre-registration years..6 years..*sigh* (another week & a bit of revision to survive first though)

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.