Dreadful grades Watch

Nerdcubed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello all,

I just opened up a HTML file of my GCSE grades for my Year 10 subjects (Religious Education, Environmental Science and Additional Science). My grades were absolutely appalling which is most frustrating because my classwork and practice tests do not reflect these grades at all - those grades being B for Additional Science, an A* for Environmental Science as well as an A for my Religious Education compared to my GCSE's which were C, C and F, respectively.

My main problem is that I never have enough time to finish my exams due to immense amounts of pressure that I feel under; I just can't help but becoming immensely stressed before any exam. I've even become calcium deficient at certain points in the year, as a result. What can I do to just simply calm myself down? I don't feel like my Autism particularly helps at times either. Any tactics to combat my anxiety would be highly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Eat chocolate before going to school and pretend its a practice exam.
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
I simply couldn't pretend it's a practice exam - I just get too worked up about it.
B-Whit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nerdcubed)
Hello all,

I just opened up a HTML file of my GCSE grades for my Year 10 subjects (Religious Education, Environmental Science and Additional Science). My grades were absolutely appalling which is most frustrating because my classwork and practice tests do not reflect these grades at all - those grades being B for Additional Science, an A* for Environmental Science as well as an A for my Religious Education compared to my GCSE's which were C, C and F, respectively.

My main problem is that I never have enough time to finish my exams due to immense amounts of pressure that I feel under; I just can't help but becoming immensely stressed before any exam. I've even become calcium deficient at certain points in the year, as a result. What can I do to just simply calm myself down? I don't feel like my Autism particularly helps at times either. Any tactics to combat my anxiety would be highly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
If you're anxiety is affecting your exams, specifically the time it takes to do your exams, you can apply for extra time which should mean you get to do your exams away from everyone else. It can be really stressful sitting in an exam hall with loads of other students, so some people who struggle to keep it together in exams prefer this more isolated and perhaps more relaxed environment
I would talk to your school and explain why you think you got the grades you did and they will really try to make you as comfortable as possible in exams
I know this is probably a really annoying thing to say but GCSE grades are not the beginning and end of everything- as long as you have Cs in english and maths you will be fine! I try to be sarcastic when doing exams (a weird technique i know) but the humour kind of takes the edge of the exam and helps relax me
Hope you work out how best to deal with exam stress!
Nerdcubed
Rep:
?
Unfortunately, I do have extra time yet I still can't seem to get the paper done in time. My judgement just gets clouded to the extent that I can't even think straight, during the exam conditions. I suppose I could try a sarcastic approach on the exam, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (81)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (140)
16.95%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (118)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (253)
30.63%

Watched Threads