Shane43818
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I start college on Monday and I was advised to purchase official edexcel books concerned with A Level Mathematics.

I can see that each book has its own module: C1, C2, S1, C3, C4, M1.
But I was wondering - due to A Levels being different this year, are these books considered out of date?

They are from Keith Pledger, Gregg Atwood, Alan Cregg et al. Are these the correct books to purchase?

Also a side question - Do I have the exams right? I know C1,2,3 and 4 must be done but is the S1 for Y12 and M1 for Y13?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my naivety.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shane43818)
I start college on Monday and I was advised to purchase official edexcel books concerned with A Level Mathematics.

I can see that each book has its own module: C1, C2, S1, C3, C4, M1.
But I was wondering - due to A Levels being different this year, are these books considered out of date?

They are from Keith Pledger, Gregg Atwood, Alan Cregg et al. Are these the correct books to purchase?

Also a side question - Do I have the exams right? I know C1,2,3 and 4 must be done but is the S1 for Y12 and M1 for Y13?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my naivety.
The A level maths syllabus has not changed, those books are fine.
C1-4 are compulsory. You will most likely do S1 in Y12 and M1 in Y13 as that's the most common way to do it but you need to confirm with your school as there are many options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shane43818
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
The A level maths syllabus has not changed, those books are fine.
C1-4 are compulsory. You will most likely do S1 in Y12 and M1 in Y13 as that's the most common way to do it but you need to confirm with your school as there are many options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the quick and to the point answer!
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shane43818)
Thanks for the quick and to the point answer!
No problem. I recommend you don't buy all six, just get the 3 you need for this year in case you decide to drop maths. If you are strapped for cash then you'll find the books on eBay in decent condition for £5-8 plus postage (you'll also find them there for full price and stupidly for more than full price so watch out and make sure you buy the current 2008 rather than older 2004 editions).

p.s. The examsolutions.com web site will be a great resource as will the m4ths.com site

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like_a_Boss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sorry for the ads guys but just in case someone is interestedAS and A2 books for sale All very new and in excellent condition, more than one copy available for all books Edexcel Mathematics S1 -£10Edexcel Mathematics D1 -£10Edexcel Mathematics M1 -£10Edexcel Mathematics C1 -£10Edexcel Mathematics C2 -£10Edexcel Mathematics C3 -£10Edexcel Mathematics C4 -£10Edexcel Mathematics FP1 -£10Edexcel Mathematics FP2 -£10 OCR Chemistry Chemical Ideas (AS & A2) -£15OCR Chemistry Chemical Storylines (AS) -£10OCR Chemistry Chemical Storylines (A2) -£10OCR Revise for AS guide -£5OCR Revise for A2 guide -£5 Edexcel Biology Students book AS (Context led approach) -£10Edexcel Biology Students book AS (Concept led approach) -£15Edexcel Biology Students book A2 (Context led approach) -£10Edexcel Biology Students book A2 (Concept led approach) -£15 AQA Physics A (AS) -£10AQA Physics A (A2) -£15 OCR MEI Mathematics C1 & C2 (AS) - £15OCR MEI Mathematics C3 & C4 (A2) - £15OCR MEI Mathematics S1 (AS) - £10OCR MEI Mathematics M1 (AS) - £10OCR MEI Mathematics D1 (AS) - £10OCR MEI Mathematics S2 (A2) - £10OCR MEI Mathematics M2 (A2) - £10OCR MEI Futher Mathematics FP1(AS) - £10OCR MEI Futher Mathematics FP2(AS) - £10 AQA Biology (AS) -£15AQA Biology (A2) -£15 OCR Chemistry A (AS) -£15OCR Chemistry A (A2) -£15 CGP A2 AQA PHYSICS A complete revision guide £10CGP AS Biology Edexcel complete revision guide £10 bulk sale and negotiation possible,Located in south west london
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/e...aqa/1132724841
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.63%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.84%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.22%
There's nothing they could do (59)
30.1%

Watched Threads