Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like they're really close to cracking up with all the pressure of exams and other normal teenage problems we have to deal with.

The A2 exam period lasts for like 4 weeks and because I've done a couple of resits too I'll be having exams for over 6 weeks in total.

With all the extra pressure of getting into uni this year, meeting the grades and pressure from your family and teachers who are all expecting me to do really well, I really have felt close to just giving up many times already this year.

I really scared myself a few weeks ago, I was already really stressed over the exams and I had my driving test as well. With the combined pressure of both of these things and other family stuff going on too I couldn't sleep or concentrate properly for over a week before my driving test, which I also had enourmous pressure on me to pass (from my family again). Luckily I passed the test, but afterwards I realised how close I had come to going over the age. Had I failed I think I would have just ended up giving up on everything. The day after I passed my boyfriend and best mate told me they had been REALLY worried about what would have happened had I failed as well.

I hope this doesn't all happen again when the A level results come out, and in the meantime I don't know If i can keep all this revision going for the rest of the exam period.

Anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you have to push yourself, it's quite stressful. I heard one girl commited suicide because she couldn't handle the stress, but suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem. It'll be worth it in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I refer you to your signature, just replace pain with stress.

Stress will end eventually, but giving up on exams and uni is a rather more permenant problem. Just set yourself small goals and concentrate on them, plus thinking about what it'll be like when it's all over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    Does anyone else feel like they're really close to cracking up with all the pressure of exams and other normal teenage problems we have to deal with.

The A2 exam period lasts for like 4 weeks and because I've done a couple of resits too I'll be having exams for over 6 weeks in total.

With all the extra pressure of getting into uni this year, meeting the grades and pressure from your family and teachers who are all expecting me to do really well, I really have felt close to just giving up many times already this year.

I really scared myself a few weeks ago, I was already really stressed over the exams and I had my driving test as well. With the combined pressure of both of these things and other family stuff going on too I couldn't sleep or concentrate properly for over a week before my driving test, which I also had enourmous pressure on me to pass (from my family again). Luckily I passed the test, but afterwards I realised how close I had come to going over the age. Had I failed I think I would have just ended up giving up on everything. The day after I passed my boyfriend and best mate told me they had been REALLY worried about what would have happened had I failed as well.

I hope this doesn't all happen again when the A level results come out, and in the meantime I don't know If i can keep all this revision going for the rest of the exam period.

Anyone else feel like this?
    good lcuk with your exams

ReputationRep:
    I am finding things very difficult to cope with at the moment as well. I'm doing AS+A2 in biology and chemistry. Last time i got EE in both of them so theres a lot of pressure. I doubt i'm going to get the grades for my offers and i have stuff going on outside of exam pressure which is making me really depressed. I suffer with depression anyway, but last night i was so bad i considered lots of things that are very dangerous! It isn't just because of exams, but i just feel overwhelmed with my life and i'm not coping either.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    You just have to try and remain positive. Everyone else is going through the same thing so you're not alone. just thing that if you put in the effort now, you'll feel so much better after the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    You just have to try and remain positive. Everyone else is going through the same thing so you're not alone. just thing that if you put in the effort now, you'll feel so much better after the exams.
    but isnt it irritting when uv studied so hard for an exam and then get a really hard paper! argg

ReputationRep:
    yes! I have my AS history exam this afternoon. i would think i'll do well in european history, i think at least a B or an A, it's just Britsh history i can't get my head around! I understand the Boer War and WW1 and a bit about the 1909 budget, but that's about it! I just don't understand it.

Also i don't know what i got in my coursework yet, but i think it's at least a B.
    So do you think that if i aim for a C in the Britsh exam and a B or an A in the european exam and a B in my coursework, what will that grade cancel out to?

ReputationRep:
    Last exam today. Thank God it's all over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Last exam today. Thank God it's all over.
    ur so lucky!
    my last exam is on the 29th of june!
    oh yea its 3 exams on one day! not f air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I am finding things very difficult to cope with at the moment as well. I'm doing AS+A2 in biology and chemistry. Last i got EE in both of them so theres a lot of pressure. I doubt i'm going to get the grades for my offers and i have stuff going on outside of exam pressure which is making me really depressed. I suffer depression & anyway, but last night i was so bad i considered lots of things that are very dangerous! It isn't just because of exams, but i just feel overwhelmed with my life and i'm not coping either.

I hope you start to feel better soon.
    awww, things will get better! before my politics exam i had a break down, then realised that i had over-worried! i tend to worry to much to the point where i feel sick, especially in the exam hall, i've never had it that bad before, but it makes me want to cry becuase i feel alot of guilt that maybe i didn't revise enough, but i'm always self doubting...

ReputationRep:
    I think people should just chill out... of course I'm naturally concerned about the exams, but I'm not going to stress myself over it. I keep myself happy and bouncey before an exam, and find that's the best way of approaching them - not curling up and getting depressed over them. Enjoy them when you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    but isnt it irritting when uv studied so hard for an exam and then get a really hard paper! argg
    that doesn't happen that often..... if you have prepared well for it, usually it goes fine

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i don't get stressed about exams.
    I just accept that i'm going to do what i do, and just get on with it.

Of course, i've done practically no revision, so maybe its through ignorance at what i need to know that i'm okay with things, but its better than being stressed!

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago, It was, becuase I had like six assignments due at the same time. I cried, for the forst time in a long time I actually cried. But my exams, Ive been eeriely calm,,,

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.