International business VS business with marketing

Watch this thread
AndrewBoyle95
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

Im unsure what uni course i would like to do so would like none bias opinions. I am unsure what i want to do when i leave uni but i have been a key account manager for close to a year and i can see myself getting deeper into the business world. I also enjoy marketing and sales.

I am unsure whether employers would prefer a business and marketing degree or an international business degree? Can someone give me an opinion?
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
It doesnt matter. International business is the same as a regular business degree, really. So decide if you want to do just business or business focusing on marketing. If you want to focus on marketing, do the business + marketing.
AndrewBoyle95
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know that international business focuses on business globally and I would also learn a foreign language from a beginners level. Marketing would obviously focus on business as well as the world of marketing. I am unsure on which will be valued more hence my question?
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AndrewBoyle95)
I know that international business focuses on business globally and I would also learn a foreign language from a beginners level. Marketing would obviously focus on business as well as the world of marketing. I am unsure on which will be valued more hence my question?

Both degrees are the same in terms of 'value'. The international business one might be more useful cause u get to do a language. However as you said you will start as a beginner. It will be be like 1 or 2 language modules so u will not be able to get to a reasonable level unless you o do independent study as they wont teach u much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (139)
40.17%
They're exactly what I expected (86)
24.86%