The Student Room Group

Do you think the student room is becoming more Islamophobic?

Now, please read this before commenting. Fair enough if you disagree with the religion; I'm not trying to force feed you it. But over the past couple of weeks I have seen numerous threads about how Islam is taking over Britain and how Muslims are supposedly "scum". In fact the other day I literally read a thread on how a person plans to kill "Muslims" because they are terrorists (how ironic).

Scroll to see replies

Calm down ya wetty, don't hate just appreciate it.
Reply 2
Original post by AzimH
Now, please read this before commenting. Fair enough if you disagree with the religion; I'm not trying to force feed you it. But over the past couple of weeks I have seen numerous threads about how Islam is taking over Britain and how Muslims are supposedly "scum". In fact the other day I literally read a thread on how a person plans to kill "Muslims" because they are terrorists (how ironic).

I don't think there's more hate than there was before. I am someone who disagrees with the teachings of Islam and their way of lives so I do have a look at many of these threads. I have no problem with people who dislike Islam and post about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's not becoming islamophobic. it's a discussion forum. if anything there's so many muslims on here so it's fine.
Reply 4
inb4 Islamophobia doesn't exist.
Reply 5
Original post by judogainz
Calm down ya wetty, don't hate just appreciate it.

Fam u want to fight me? 1v1 on rust u scrub.
Reply 6
Most media outlets love Islam in this country, don't think it stems much from that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You got that right!
On the one hand, yes.
On the other hand, no.
Original post by AzimH
Fam u want to fight me? 1v1 on rust u scrub.

Dnt hard scope fgt
Reply 10
Original post by HAnwar

Lol if I had a pound for every time I heard that I would be able to pay off tuition loans.
Original post by AzimH
kl. Only qwickscopes and 1080p no scopes with acog brah. I will rekt u back to 1945.

Please stop that and get back on topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Man.bear.pig
it's not becoming islamophobic. it's a discussion forum. if anything there's so many muslims on here so it's fine.

You got a point there lad but we should all be civilized and not resort to hate speech. e.g. saying stuff like kill all Muslims (yes I have come across 3 threads in the past 2 days which said that)
Can't go on the main page without seeing the word Islam I'm bored of it! People need to move on to something else :colonhash:
Reply 14
Original post by Hevachan
Can't go on the main page without seeing the word Islam I'm bored of it! People need to move on to something else :colonhash:

I agree, I myself want to stop seeing threads about a religion however I had to create this one to address the issue on how many people are actually hating on muslims. Let everyone follow the belief they choose right?
The more neckbeards make an account, the more Islam topics you'll see on latest :sigh:
Reply 16
Original post by AzimH
Lol if I had a pound for every time I heard that I would be able to pay off tuition loans.

Lol ikr.
I was beginning to think the Islam-related posts were disappearing. I think there are a lot of questions about Islamaphobia, whether that's reflective of opinions, I don't know.
Original post by HAnwar

It does exist which is a good thing. We're already getting rid of Christianity (slowly but surely) so we don't need this other problem migrating into our culture to replace the previous cancer with a new one.
I wish people would stop painting all Muslims with the same brush and just focus on the extremists. EVERY religion has potential for fundamentalism, as has been proved in the past and to an extent the present (e.g. KKK). Most Muslims in the UK and elsewhere are perfectly decent human beings who practice their religion privately and just go about their day to day lives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending