The Student Room Group

Problems with memory...

I tend to struggle with science subjects, mostly because of my memory. For my AS I did a lot of revision for Biology yet only got a C overall. I was pretty disappointed with this because I felt that I'd done better (though I was predicted a D, and had been getting Us in past papers).

How can I work on this? I got an A in History, and B in Psychology (also a bit disappointed with Psychology as I thought I had gotten it down).

I really want to try and get my grade in Biology to a B overall at the end of A2, but I do struggle with my memory. Especially win regards to looking at the mark scheme and remembering the key words, I normally end up babbling because I've forgotten what actually gives me the mark even though I feel like it's at the back of my head.

Any help, please? I'm already trying to help myself by starting to study earlier than last year...
Reply 1
Original post by MissML
I tend to struggle with science subjects, mostly because of my memory. For my AS I did a lot of revision for Biology yet only got a C overall. I was pretty disappointed with this because I felt that I'd done better (though I was predicted a D, and had been getting Us in past papers).

How can I work on this? I got an A in History, and B in Psychology (also a bit disappointed with Psychology as I thought I had gotten it down).

I really want to try and get my grade in Biology to a B overall at the end of A2, but I do struggle with my memory. Especially win regards to looking at the mark scheme and remembering the key words, I normally end up babbling because I've forgotten what actually gives me the mark even though I feel like it's at the back of my head.

Any help, please? I'm already trying to help myself by starting to study earlier than last year...

Your memory obviously isn't that bad if you managed to get an A in History!

With regard to Biology, I recommend looking at the 'questions by topic' sections on this website - http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/edexcel-unit-1/

Just scroll down to the 'A-levels and IAL' section and select the unit(s) which are relevant.

I did this for Physics, and it really helped to make things stick in my brain, because I focused at one section at a time. Focusing on these sections individually for a period of time means that you'll essentially be writing the same or similar things for each question over and over, allowing you to pick up the information a lot more easily.

Hope that helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending