The Student Room Group

Motorsport engineering

Hello, I would like to get some information regarding choosing a course for my post graduate study.
What are the advantages for choosing Motorsport engineering instead of automotive engineering?
I am currently a student of mechanical engineering, doing my BSc honours. I understand that the best job attainable in the Motorsport industry would be working as an engineer at F1. That being said, the chances of being employed by a "big" team are not all that high, at least not straight away.
What sectors in the automotive industry are open to Motorsport engineers and how rewarding are they?
I had planned to do a post grad study in automotive and Motorsport separately at first but over the years I have found that Motorsport engineers have limited capabilities when compared to automotive engineers. Is this true?
This may seem a bit vague as it's filled with so many queries, I guess what I really require is an in depth information about the two disciplines and how each of it is better than the other in terms of which one opens more doors towards success when it comes to employment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending