The Student Room Group

Help!

Hey. Okay so, I just want to know how re-marking works. I received my AS results and I'm considering getting 2 of them re-marked so that hopefully my grade will go up. I just wondered if anyone knew what happens if the grade given after being remarked is final? What if it is worse than before? Does it depend on the exam board? Thank you and sorry for so many questions x
Reply 1
Original post by bxxxx
Hey. Okay so, I just want to know how re-marking works. I received my AS results and I'm considering getting 2 of them re-marked so that hopefully my grade will go up. I just wondered if anyone knew what happens if the grade given after being remarked is final? What if it is worse than before? Does it depend on the exam board? Thank you and sorry for so many questions x

You get stuck with the grade afterwards, for better or for worse I'm afraid.
All the exam boards are like this.
Reply 2
Original post by aamirac
You get stuck with the grade afterwards, for better or for worse I'm afraid.
All the exam boards are like this.

How annoying! This rule was different for GCSE, thank you anyway. I guess I will just have to have a good think before deciding.
Reply 3
Original post by bxxxx
How annoying! This rule was different for GCSE, thank you anyway. I guess I will just have to have a good think before deciding.

You can always just ask your Exams Officer at school and his/hers opinion about your situation if you are stuck?
Well if you were close to a higher grade then i'd say yes. If you wasn't too far from a lower grade then no.
Reply 5
Original post by aamirac
You can always just ask your Exams Officer at school and his/hers opinion about your situation if you are stuck?

That's my next move. It's only as being off for summer it has been playing on my mind and haven't been able to find an answer online so thought I would try here. I'm back in school tomorrow so I will visit the exams officer! Thank you so much again x
Reply 6
Original post by IAmYourdog
Well if you were close to a higher grade then i'd say yes. If you wasn't too far from a lower grade then no.

I agree! However, I have struggled online to find the correct grade boundaries for my English exam and that's one that I was worried about. I'm back to school tomorrow so will check with th exam lady! Thank you.
Reply 7
Original post by bxxxx
That's my next move. It's only as being off for summer it has been playing on my mind and haven't been able to find an answer online so thought I would try here. I'm back in school tomorrow so I will visit the exams officer! Thank you so much again x

Your welcome x
Happy to help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest