The Student Room Group

Help! Edexcel A2 History Unit 4

Hey guys!

We just started looking at coursework for history at school and we are starting with question B first. We're doing 20th century international relations 1879-1980
I'm kinda finding it hard on where to start, coming up with a question that would cover the whole long term period? :/

Any help :smile:
Thanks
A good way of doing it is writing the title in the same style as a multi-factor Unit 1 essay, e.g. 'To what extent was (factor) the most important factor in explaining (significant changes) during the period 1879-1980. Try and pick a factor that can be written about across the time period, as according to my teacher covering the whole period is essential
Thank you so much :smile:

I came up with a few questions but I'm not sure if they are too broad or too narrowed down :/

1) in considering the process of change in relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980, how far can the Moroccan crisis of 1905, be seen as a key turning point

2) how did the accession of Kaiser Wilhelm II have an impact on changing relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980

3) How significant was Germany's role in the changing of relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980

4) how significant was Russia's role in the changing of relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fluffystar123
Thank you so much :smile:

I came up with a few questions but I'm not sure if they are too broad or too narrowed down :/

1) in considering the process of change in relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980, how far can the Moroccan crisis of 1905, be seen as a key turning point

2) how did the accession of Kaiser Wilhelm II have an impact on changing relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980

3) How significant was Germany's role in the changing of relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980

4) how significant was Russia's role in the changing of relationships between the powers in the period 1879-1980

The last two look good, I would go with 'To what extent was Germany's/Russia's role in the changing of relationships between the powers in the period 1879', and then use the one that you didn't pick as the main factor (Germany or Russia) as a second factor, and then have either one or two other (non-country specific maybe) factors, such as global military action (WWI/WWII, Vietnam and Korea, the US gaining Nukes etc.) and maybe global Economics during the period (significant events include loss of British Empire in Africa and India)

Quick Reply