Is this a good combo of A Level subjects?

Watch
_kirstles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey im choosing my A Levels as im applying for sixth form colleges. My current choices are: Maths, French, History and Psychology. Is this an ok combo for russell group unis?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by _kirstles)
Hey im choosing my A Levels as im applying for sixth form colleges. My current choices are: Maths, French, History and Psychology. Is this an ok combo for russell group unis?
You won't get any meaningful advice until you indicate what you wish to study as an undergraduate. Those subjects, for instance, would be dire if you wish to study English, engineering or medicine but fine for law or French.
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow you're quite late, sixth forms start in literally days, some have already started today!

As poster above me said whether it's a good combo depends on what you wish to study at uni. It's a good and facilitating combination though, you can get into any Languages or Humanities degree with it, or Law, possibly Economics. But you won't get into Maths/Sciences/Engineering with those options, obviously. If you were to keep Psychology to A2 you could get into Psychology if you wanted I guess...
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could do...

Maths
French (Maybe other languages)
History
Law
Economics
Psychology
_kirstles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
You won't get any meaningful advice until you indicate what you wish to study as an undergraduate. Those subjects, for instance, would be dire if you wish to study English, engineering or medicine but fine for law or French.
Im still in year 10 and in not sure about degree options but not sciencey. I m thinking possibly law or some kind of social science with french? Thanks for the advice
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im still in year 10 and in not sure about degree options but not sciencey. I m thinking possibly law or some kind of social science with french? Thanks for the advice
I suggest you think about what you want to do over the next two years, with a view to deciding by Easter of year 11. You'll have a better idea of what you are good at by then too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (36)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (74)
11.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (70)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (80)
12.68%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (36)
5.71%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (35)
5.55%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (66)
10.46%
Financial worries (41)
6.5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
4.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (37)
5.86%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (18)
2.85%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (61)
9.67%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (51)
8.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed