The Student Room Group

Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science for medicine?

Hi guys, A levels start in a few days and I'm just thinking about whether my A levels are good for me. I'll probably want to study medicine at university and my current A levels are the same as above but physics instead of comp sci. Do you think I could still get into a good university if I changed physics to computer science? I kinda want to do this simply because I find a lot of physics boring but I absolutely love computer science. It doesn't even feel like a lesson because I love it so much (I have a GCSE in computer science already). Please help me because I'm so unsure and I only have a week and a half to finalise my A levels.
Thanks for your time :-)
biology and Chemistry are essential for a degree in Medicine, where as physics is not really a requirement so swapping it for Computer Science should be fine, and if you ever change your mind you can go do Computer Science at Uni instead. Just do a little bit more research on Medicine courses and see what they require.

Hope this helped
:smile:
Original post by shredder457
Hi guys, A levels start in a few days and I'm just thinking about whether my A levels are good for me. I'll probably want to study medicine at university and my current A levels are the same as above but physics instead of comp sci. Do you think I could still get into a good university if I changed physics to computer science? I kinda want to do this simply because I find a lot of physics boring but I absolutely love computer science. It doesn't even feel like a lesson because I love it so much (I have a GCSE in computer science already). Please help me because I'm so unsure and I only have a week and a half to finalise my A levels.
Thanks for your time :-)

Biology,Chemistry and Maths is a usual combination and the 4th subject can be anything of your choice.
You DONT need physics. I picked Business studies and I'm soo glad I did because it allowed me to focus more on my Chem/Bio and Maths.
For your 4th just pick whatever subject you enjoy.
That is fine. Good luck with A-levels you will smash them. :h:
Reply 4
Original post by futuremedic19
Biology,Chemistry and Maths is a usual combination and the 4th subject can be anything of your choice.
You DONT need physics. I picked Business studies and I'm soo glad I did because it allowed me to focus more on my Chem/Bio and Maths.
For your 4th just pick whatever subject you enjoy.

I don't even think Maths is a requirement either
Reply 5
Thanks guys all of your comments really helped now all I need to decide is whether I'm more likely to want to do engineering or computer science degrees if I decide not to do medicine :-)

Quick Reply

Latest