What did you do for your 18th?

Watch
picklescamp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so I turn 18 in a few weeks and I'm looking to have a party. Ideally I'd have a house party but my house is terraced and quite small and I was hoping to invite 60ish people. So I've been looking at local venues and NOWHERE will host 18th parties.
I'm running out of ideas. As I'm the oldest of my friends we can't go to a club or anywhere that'll ID. What did you do for your 18th party? Any suggestions?
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How big is your garden? Could you have a BBQ? Or maybe rent a local outdoors area for one?
picklescamp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hevachan)
How big is your garden? Could you have a BBQ? Or maybe rent a local outdoors area for one?
I have a local park I guess- IDK how to go about renting it out for the evening but we could hire a gazebo my garden is tiny
LeyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
when you say local, how big is the radius?
picklescamp
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeyK)
when you say local, how big is the radius?
what do you mean? like how far away is it??
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by picklescamp)
I have a local park I guess- IDK how to go about renting it out for the evening but we could hire a gazebo my garden is tiny
Hmm might be worth Googling BBQ sights in your area, near mine you can rent a stone one for the day which is on a beautiful hill by the sea. My friends and I did that once and it was lovely
LeyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what do you mean? like how far away is it??
Yeah, Were you looking in your suburb or your whole town/city.
Because if you expand your search by a few 5-10 miles (maybe more) then there should be somewhere you can have your party
picklescamp
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeyK)
Yeah, Were you looking in your suburb or your whole town/city.
Because if you expand your search by a few 5-10 miles (maybe more) then there should be somewhere you can have your party
I guess I could look further out but it's just a matter of making sure everyone could get there/back
(Original post by Hevachan)
Hmm might be worth Googling BBQ sights in your area, near mine you can rent a stone one for the day which is on a beautiful hill by the sea. My friends and I did that once and it was lovely
I was thinking of having it in the evening like 8pm-1.30am. would that be allowed?
polarbear123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey yeah unless it is a club they will not let 18 year olds in most places for a party just too much responsibility. I had a house party about 60/70 and I was the oldest in my year it was in my garden. However I had friends who hired out golf clubs/country clubs (shooting etc) and I know hotels would be more leniant not everyone has to be 18 if you supply the drink. Good luck!
LividLion
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was working the night of my 18th, living an exciting life here :laugh:
trustmeimlying1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess I could look further out but it's just a matter of making sure everyone could get there/back

I was thinking of having it in the evening like 8pm-1.30am. would that be allowed?
that would not be allowed.
picklescamp
Rep:
?
(Original post by polarbear123)
Hey yeah unless it is a club they will not let 18 year olds in most places for a party just too much responsibility. I had a house party about 60/70 and I was the oldest in my year it was in my garden. However I had friends who hired out golf clubs/country clubs (shooting etc) and I know hotels would be more leniant not everyone has to be 18 if you supply the drink. Good luck!
thanks for the advice! Seems like you were in the same boat as me. But yeah my house is way too small for that! I'll check out the hotel idea

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
that would not be allowed.
damn.
:hugs:
trustmeimlying1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thanks for the advice! Seems like you were in the same boat as me. But yeah my house is way too small for that! I'll check out the hotel idea

damn.
:hugs:
hug

happy soon to be bday.
picklescamp
Rep:
?
(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
hug

happy soon to be bday.
Thanks a million
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't see the appeal of huge parties myself...

I'm the 10th and my friend is the 16th of September, so about 10 of us are going out for movie + pizza hut on Saturday 12th
TexasTexas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alexion)
Can't see the appeal of huge parties myself...

I'm the 10th and my friend is the 16th of September, so about 10 of us are going out for movie + pizza hut on Saturday 12th
cute, i remember doing that when i was like 11
SianTee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hired a club out in my town for a few hours and had about 60 people come :party2:
The_Blade
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No joke but on my 18th I went to the library xD
19th I played games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hired a venue in the city where I lived and partied with about 40 of my friends then we went to a Shisha bar before getting a taxi home. It was a good night but rather embarrassing when I look back at the pictures.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to the Theatre for my 18th with my friends then maybe a meal after!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads