The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Do they accept students who resit a year of their a levels?

I got ADDE in my AS results in english language, history, politcs and french respectively. This is much lower than my teachers expected but I found the year really hard and ended up leaving revision very late.

I'm worried if I apply this year to study english language, which I need AAB for, that I won't get an offer if I only have ADD and am looking at being predicted ABB/ possibly A*BB as the A in my english was high.

So I'm considering resitting year 12 but carrying on english to A2 and just picking up 2/3 AS, but would I be rejected if I resit year 12 ? Or if I have low AS results currently? Thanks for any advice anyone can give me :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by stressedperson02
I got ADDE in my AS results in english language, history, politcs and french respectively. This is much lower than my teachers expected but I found the year really hard and ended up leaving revision very late.

I'm worried if I apply this year to study english language, which I need AAB for, that I won't get an offer if I only have ADD and am looking at being predicted ABB/ possibly A*BB as the A in my english was high.

So I'm considering resitting year 12 but carrying on english to A2 and just picking up 2/3 AS, but would I be rejected if I resit year 12 ? Or if I have low AS results currently? Thanks for any advice anyone can give me :smile:

First question: why are you making another thread on the same topic as before? Plz no.

Second: most universities aren't too worried by an AS resit. But you do need to give us a clue where you'd be applying...
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Alexion
First question: why are you making another thread on the same topic as before? Plz no.

Second: most universities aren't too worried by an AS resit. But you do need to give us a clue where you'd be applying...

I'm guessing University of Birmingham because this thread has been posted under the University of Birmingham forum.
Reply 3
Original post by IamLiquid
I'm guessing University of Birmingham because this thread has been posted under the University of Birmingham forum.

Dammit, I always miss that xD
Original post by IamLiquid

Yeah do you know if UOB are fine with people taking 3yrs to finish their A levels, or would they ask for higher grades as I've heard some unis do this if you take longer than the standard 2yrs ?
I got ACDD first year and ended up with ABB overall and I got into UoB for BioMed which requires AAB, so anything is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending