IAmYourdog
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I just need it for when I'm at uni and possibly to watch videos when I n bed. I have a big gaming rig so power isn't that much of an issue although I think I'd like an ssd. I'll be using cloud storage on it so HD space isn't a problem too.

What I'm worried about is keyboard size..
I'd probably be using it to take notes and I don't really like tiny keyboards.

I'm kind of more interested in the tablets with the full version of windows on them. I've been looking at a few that are like 10 inch and the keyboards are too small, because of the mouse pad.

Any suggestions? Budget is 350£

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IAmYourdog)
Basically I just need it for when I'm at uni and possibly to watch videos when I n bed. I have a big gaming rig so power isn't that much of an issue although I think I'd like an ssd. I'll be using cloud storage on it so HD space isn't a problem too.

What I'm worried about is keyboard size..
I'd probably be using it to take notes and I don't really like tiny keyboards.

I'm kind of more interested in the tablets with the full version of windows on them. I've been looking at a few that are like 10 inch and the keyboards are too small, because of the mouse pad.

Any suggestions? Budget is 350£

Posted from TSR Mobile
keep an eye on hukd....think about 13" and better, otherwise you may feel the screen is too small and start squinting
Abdi112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chromebook ticks all the boxes, you don't need windows to watch videos, browse web google docs, office live

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=...fix=Chromebook

If you want a windows netbook I would advise you stay away from the Intel atom range

Posted from TSR Mobile
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
HP pavilion 15, or Lenovo G50
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abdi112)
Chromebook ticks all the boxes, you don't need windows to watch videos, browse web google docs, office live

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=...fix=Chromebook

If you want a windows netbook I would advise you stay away from the Intel atom range

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was going to suggest this too. As you said previously, OP — you have a big gaming rig so a Chromebook would be great to carry around with you whilst at Uni. They’re notorious for being cheap and pretty light too. Would also definitely agree about staying away from the atom range *shivers*.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads