The Student Room Group

Mark it out of 8 ?

Can you guys mark my Q3 answer for AQA English Language Higher Tier 3rd June 2014? And mark it out of 8?

In paragraph one, there is a feeling of unbearable experience by the writer. The
use of emotive adjectives such as 'hot' and 'unbearably' to describe the weather
and atmosphere of Vanuatu. This reflects the writer's own feeling of desperation
about being stranded in a new lovely but 'unbearable' island from his conventional
day to day life with 'movie theatres, Starbucks on every corner and his beautiful home'.
Paragraph one convey's the early feelings felt in island of Vanuatu.
In paragraph two the negative feeling are continued, 'hostile darkness descends'
shows us that when it gets dark then the place is the writer's enemy. The quote
'that fact alone has me totally creeped out' reflects the writer feeling and thought
of being scared.
In paragraph nine the writer compares the island of Vanuatu when he was a little kid
and he lost his parents in a department store. This shows that the writer is distraught
and he just wants to go back home like when he is in the department store where he just
wants his parents. The comparison of being lost in the department store helps the
reader create an image of being left alone because it's easier to understand the feeling.
Reply 1
Thanks for the ideas
Original post by sandvika
Thanks for the ideas

can you mark it pls
Reply 3
Original post by I Don't Know 79
Can you guys mark my Q3 answer for AQA English Language Higher Tier 3rd June 2014? And mark it out of 8?

In paragraph one, there is a feeling of unbearable experience by the writer. The
use of emotive adjectives such as 'hot' and 'unbearably' to describe the weather
and atmosphere of Vanuatu. This reflects the writer's own feeling of desperation
about being stranded in a new lovely but 'unbearable' island from his conventional
day to day life with 'movie theatres, Starbucks on every corner and his beautiful home'.
In paragraph two the negative feeling are continued, 'hostile darkness descends'
'that fact alone has me totally creeped out' reflects the writer feeling and thought
of being scared.
In paragraph nine the writer compares the island of Vanuatu when he was a little kid
and he lost his parents in a department store. This shows that the writer is distraught
and he just wants to go back home like when he is in the department store where he just
wants his parents. The comparison of being lost in the department store helps the
reader create an image of being left alone because it's easier to understand the feeling.

3/8
Original post by vd12345
3/8

seriously,
what do i need to improve
help me
add some stuff

of being scared.

Hi there ive looked over your work and crossed matched it with the official mark-scheme you have shown a clear understanding of the text used appropriate quotations with backs your answer up and have ticked all of the boxes to gain the full 8 marks on the mark scheme; i mark very harshly and if you gave me this to mark in a real exam i would give you 8 marks as for you have shown to me the examiner, that you have engaged me into reading your answer, used appropriate references in your awnser well done!! if there is anything else im more than happy to check

Chris
Original post by chris2791
Hi there ive looked over your work and crossed matched it with the official mark-scheme you have shown a clear understanding of the text used appropriate quotations with backs your answer up and have ticked all of the boxes to gain the full 8 marks on the mark scheme; i mark very harshly and if you gave me this to mark in a real exam i would give you 8 marks as for you have shown to me the examiner, that you have engaged me into reading your answer, used appropriate references in your awnser well done!! if there is anything else im more than happy to check

Chris

thanks chris
i will post another answer for a different question tomorrow?
r u good with history
i posted on today
will u be able to mark it pls
Original post by chris2791

Chris

r u an examiner
thanks chris
i will post another answer for a different question tomorrow?
r u good with history
i posted on today
will u be able to mark it pls

yes im very good go for it i love marking students papers but i do mark very harshly
Reply 9
I r8 it 8/8 m8 gr8 wurk –IGN
r u an examiner

No however im a student that tutors and mark papers and have experience in marking
can you mark it pls

Sure. 0/8 because you wrote "movie theatre" not cinema. This is english not american.

Quick Reply

Latest