Want more information about this university?
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Guys!

I know most of you will be well on the way to getting yourself packed and prepared for freshers at the end of this month. A lot of you will be really excited, but very nervous as well, I remember I was! So I was wondering does anyone have any worries they want to share? Anything you are not sure if you need to pack, or are you concerned about meeting new people?

No worry is too big or too small, so please ask away. I was in exactly the same situation two years ago, so I know how weird everything is at the moment!

Thanks,

Ellen
Rep:
?
Hi All

Less than a month to go before you will be arriving in Nottingham for the start of term! I know many of you will be very close to getting all your stuff prepared and ready for the move, so I have linked you to our guide of important things to remember:

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/starting_at_ntu...ing/index.html

Welcome Week, starting on the 25 September, is a fantastic way to make new friends, have new experiences and get involved! However, there are a few things that you can pack to help you be Welcome Week ready.

Fancy Dress – You will soon learn that your fancy dress collection is very important at NTU. If you need to stock up on supplies before the fancy dress events, why not check out Luvyababes in the Victoria Centre or The Fancy Dress Bank and The Golden Cage on Derby Road.

Sweets and Chocolate –A bit nervous to make friends? These are a tasty way to get a conversation started with your flatmates.

A Pack of Cards – Another great way to make friends! They’re great fun and will help you to bond with your flatmates.

Home Decorations – I know this may sound silly, but bringing a photo frame or a plant from home will really help you settle in. It will also liven up your bare room as well.

A Fresher’s Wristband Plus-If you are planning on going to all the events, it will save you money on entry fees, as well as saving you time queueing also! Take a look at the Wristbands here: http://www.trentstudents.org/top-navigation/your-events/freshers/wristbands

I really hope this helps, and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
andrewg97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
Hi Guys!

I know most of you will be well on the way to getting yourself packed and prepared for freshers at the end of this month. A lot of you will be really excited, but very nervous as well, I remember I was! So I was wondering does anyone have any worries they want to share? Anything you are not sure if you need to pack, or are you concerned about meeting new people?

No worry is too big or too small, so please ask away. I was in exactly the same situation two years ago, so I know how weird everything is at the moment!

Thanks,

Ellen
Hey there, I am starting at NTU in a week or so, but there's been a problem with student finance - a technical fault at their end meant my application won't be fully approved until the very end of September. Will this mean I can't enrol fully, or have an impact on that?

Thanks, Andrew
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrewg97)
Hey there, I am starting at NTU in a week or so, but there's been a problem with student finance - a technical fault at their end meant my application won't be fully approved until the very end of September. Will this mean I can't enrol fully, or have an impact on that?

Thanks, Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I think the best thing for you to do is call or email (whichever you prefer) financial support. I'll leave their details down below:

[email protected]

0155 848 2494

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Rep:
?
Hi guys!

Less than a week to go until freshers!! I hope everyone is excited and looking forward to it! However I thought I would just remind you of the important things you need to bring with you (or do) before you arrive at NTU.

Enrol online - Unless you have enrolled online you won't be able complete your enrolment, which means you won't be able to receive your student card. So please make sure you get this sorted!

Bring your paperwork - Please bring any student finance letters or any other information that you have been sent about starting NTU. By having this paperwork, any problems that may arise can be easily sorted out.

Bring money - DO NOT RELY ON YOUR STUDENT FINANCE! This is important as your Student Finance is likely not to appear into your bank account until about 3 to 5 days after you have fully enrolled. I don't want any of you guys stuck in a new city without any money!

I know all of the above is the boring important stuff, so to make this post (slightly) more interesting I thought I would link you to our recipe book for any people starting to think of meal/recipe ideas for their time at NTU.

NTU Cookbook

If you have anyone has any questions (it doesn't matter whether they are big or small) please let me know and I will try my hardest to help you! If not, then I hope you have an amazing freshers!

Thanks,

Ellen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (678)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (857)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.52%

Watched Threads