The Student Room Group

Need some good advice please?! (Biosciences / AS level)

I study biology, geography and politics and have always been keen on studying Biosciences / Biomedical sciences at a good uni. Although many courses require chemistry I have found some which do not require chem such as QMUL. I got my AS results which were B (geo) ,C (poli) ,D (bio) which got me wondering whether its still worth applying to do a bio related course at uni even though I got a D at AS? I'm aiming to overall achieve around ABB

Is it too much work to resit unit 2 biology whilst doing A2??
Is it worth applying to a russel group university even though my AS grades weren't that great?

Someone please help because I don't even know if I'd be accepted into doing a bio course seeing as I got a D at AS?
Do AS grades really matter when applying this year or do predicted grades matter more?

In need of serious advice!!
Thank you
Reply 1
This is exactly what I'm doing, I want to apply at QMUL for biomedical sciences with the following grades:

A in Sociology
B in Psychology
C in Chemistry
D in Biology

I emailed their administrations officer for biomedical sciences and they said as long as you are predicted a B grade in Biology all should be fine.

"We look at the merits of your personal statement, academic reference, predicted grades and actual grades."
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by depay
This is exactly what I'm doing, I want to apply at QMUL for biomedical sciences with the following grades:

A in Sociology
B in Psychology
C in Chemistry
D in Biology

I emailed their administrations officer for biomedical sciences and they said as long as you are predicted a B grade in Biology all should be fine.

"We look at the merits of your personal statement, academic reference, predicted grades and actual grades."

Oh wow your grades are really good!! Thats a great job you did! Im still quite baffled as I havent been to any summer schools so Im worried it may let me down in comparison to other students?? Thank you for the reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest