The Student Room Group

Should I take Furthermaths A-level 2015

^^^ considering I want to study the field of development economics...
Check the entry requirements for whichever Uni you want to apply to and its development economics course. I presume that they'll want single maths considering it's economics. If they don't mention further maths in the entry requirements, then don't feel obligated to take it.
Reply 2
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Check the entry requirements for whichever Uni you want to apply to and its development economics course. I presume that they'll want single maths considering it's economics. If they don't mention further maths in the entry requirements, then don't feel obligated to take it.

vank vu van. i veally avreciate it.
Original post by student1678
vank vu van. i veally avreciate it.

vo vroblem :colondollar:
Reply 4
vo vroblem :colondollar:

What if it states that they would really prefer candidates to take it but not required?
What if it states that they would really prefer candidates to take it but not required?

Then you'll have to make up for the lack of FM in the rest of your application. As in, not having further maths will create a 'gap' in your application -- one that many other applicants will have filled. If you want your application to remain competitive, take further maths. If you don't feel as though it's worth it, then you'd need to have a good application overall (GCSE, interview, UMS, statement) to make up for it.

That being said, even very mathematical courses like computer science from high-ranking Universities like Oxford will still admit a small portion of students with single maths. Again, it's up to you to decide if you want to put yourself through FM for the advantage.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Then you'll have to make up for the lack of FM in the rest of your application. As in, not having further maths will create a 'gap' in your application -- one that many other applicants will have filled. If you want your application to remain competitive, take further maths. If you don't feel as though it's worth it, then you'd need to have a good application overall (GCSE, interview, UMS, statement) to make up for it.

That being said, even very mathematical courses like computer science from high-ranking Universities like Oxford will still admit a small portion of students with single maths. Again, it's up to you to decide if you want to put yourself through FM for the advantage.

Thanks for taking your time for advising me. Really appreciate
Thanks for taking your time for advising me. Really appreciate

No problem at all :h:

Hope everything works out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending