The Student Room Group

DSA Cancelled My Test, AGAIN!

I just had yet another email from the DSA saying that they've cancelled my test. This is the second in a row - first they cancelled my one from the 25th August for the same reason and rescheduled it for the 11th this month, and now they've cancelled this one too, and they've re-booked me for November 2nd!!!

It's my 21st birthday coming up and I'm leaving on a trip that requires me to drive at certain times on the 28th of october, I don't get back until late January.

And I needed my full licence by the 2nd of January to get insurance, this would leave me without car insurance on a car we specifically ordered for me to be insured on, until 2017, which buggers up any job opportunities since we live in a rural area and you need a car to get anywhere.

Absolutely livid, I've no idea what to do now.
Reply 1
Don't wanna sound like a dick here but you weren't guaranteed to pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ElChapo
Don't wanna sound like a dick here but you weren't guaranteed to pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a bit ridiculous to take me from 25th August to 2nd November, chaining cancellation on cancellation. And when they reschedule it, it takes up a "change your driving test date" token thing and I now have none left to get an earlier date from a cancellation.
Look for cancellations, they crop up quite frequently. Look every 15 mins or so for 3/4 days
November test date is crazy because its so far away from your original test date, are they going to pay for your driving lessons in the meantime:rolleyes: because they are making you have to spend more money.

I'd call them and demand my 'change your driving test date' token back because you need it, the November date is not suitable due to a very important hospital appt or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Poldark00
It's a bit ridiculous to take me from 25th August to 2nd November, chaining cancellation on cancellation. And when they reschedule it, it takes up a "change your driving test date" token thing and I now have none left to get an earlier date from a cancellation.

ummm just cancel and rebook with a fresh set of changes
And I needed my full licence by the 2nd of January to get insurance, this would leave me without car insurance on a car we specifically ordered for me to be insured on, until 2017, which buggers up any job opportunities since we live in a rural area and you need a car to get anywhere.

I don't quite get why you would need to wait a whole year to get insured.
Original post by Carebear2
are they going to pay for your driving lessons in the meantime:rolleyes: because they are making you have to spend more money.

I'd call them and demand my 'change your driving test date' token back because you need it, the November date is not suitable due to a very important hospital appt or something.

The DSA aren't forcing the poster to take driving license. It's their free choice.

Also how would s/he get to the 'very important hospital appt or something' at this moment of time?
Phone up every morning and ask for cancellations :smile:
Original post by Slender-Man
The DSA aren't forcing the poster to take driving license. It's their free choice.

Also how would s/he get to the 'very important hospital appt or something' at this moment of time?

DSA rearranging the August test that the OP may of passed has meant they probably have to take lesson up until November and if not at least a few lessons before the test so yeah spending more money/forcing, when this could of been done and dusted had they not cancelled the first test. Most people take lessons until their test so assuming the OP was going to do the same.

The 'how' is irrelevant its just that the OP has a valid reason to change the test date and get back the option to rebook because the OP stated it had been taken away.
DSA rearranging the August test that the OP may of passed has meant they probably have to take lesson up until November and if not at least a few lessons before the test so yeah spending more money/forcing, when this could of been done and dusted had they not cancelled the first test. Most people take lessons until their test so assuming the OP was going to do the same.

There is never a guarantee that the OP would have past in August had they taken the test then. The DSA aren't holding a gun to the OP demanding more lessons be taken as thre is no law in Britain saying you must have them therefor once again It's choice to take them.

The 'how' is irrelevant its just that the OP has a valid reason to change the test date and get back the option to rebook because the OP stated it had been taken away.

You're the one who mentioned the hospital in the first place.
hi please note that if they cancelled your test at short notice you are entitled to compensation.

You can keep checking for cancellations, but it can be very difficult to get through so best to check online. Or consider booking a short quick crash course in another area, Blackpool usually have quick tests available as they can get you in with a test very quick. e.g learndrive
Reply 12
There's a website called cancellations4all or something similar. You pay them 10 quid and they'll find you cancellations. I used this and got my next test exactly 2 weeks after I failed my first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Mumbaiking
Look for cancellations, they crop up quite frequently. Look every 15 mins or so for 3/4 days

Original post by Hevachan
Phone up every morning and ask for cancellations :smile:
Original post by seymourbutts
hi please note that if they cancelled your test at short notice you are entitled to compensation.You can keep checking for cancellations, but it can be very difficult to get through so best to check online. Or consider booking a short quick crash course in another area, Blackpool usually have quick tests available as they can get you in with a test very quick. e.g learndrive
Original post by Zuki
There's a website called cancellations4all or something similar. You pay them 10 quid and they'll find you cancellations. I used this and got my next test exactly 2 weeks after I failed my firstPosted from TSR Mobile

The DSA used up the last opportunity to change the test before having to start from scratch and pay another £60

Original post by kernow24
ummm just cancel and rebook with a fresh set of changes

That would push it into the new year which is far too late.

Original post by KCLeblanc
I don't quite get why you would need to wait a whole year to get insured.

It's for a company car, all the drivers need to be named on the insurance at the start of the lease.
Reply 14
I had an email from DSA this morning - they cancelled my test again due to an examiner being unavailable. They've rebooked me in for January 19th.

This is simply ridiculous.
I had an email from DSA this morning - they cancelled my test again due to an examiner being unavailable. They've rebooked me in for January 19th.

This is simply ridiculous.

Could you not just find another location to take the test in? I took my test 30 miles away from where I lived.
Complain and insist to speak to a manager. Be one of those customers who just can't be ignored. People in this country need to be more proactive in now allowing this kind of crap to be the norm.

Power to you :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by heirloom
Could you not just find another location to take the test in? I took my test 30 miles away from where I lived.

Living in a rural area means that there are only 2 test centres within reach. Even these ones are either 8 or 19 miles away. The other option is a city center which will be quite out of my comfort-zone, and that's around 30 miles away. I would consider it IF it weren't so different to the country roads and small villages that I've been learning in for the last year. I've spent over £100 now on rebookings and cancellation finders, and never had a test - the cancellation finder things have always found one for me, then DSA have cancelled it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending