Livetomorrownow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey so I had my Occupational health assessment for mental health nursing last Monday and I wasn't passed fit for practice due to a decrease in my mental health and a recent MH relapse. I was really upset because I was excited to start, but I like kind of had an idea it might happen because I've still not recovered 100% or received therapy from the CMHT yet... They said they could send the report off to the uni and ask for a medical deferal, which I was okay with (well as okay as you can be really?) but the head of Occ Health told me that they don't always have to accept the deferal and they could ask me to reapply... Which means I may have to go back to sixth form because I didn't get the grades I needed I recon I got a place due to my performance in the interview I had...

I got an email today off UCAS Track which said,
"We have been informed either by yourself, or University of ... that you do not intend to take up the place you were holding for Mental Health Nursing. The course was to start in Sep 2015 and had a point of entry 1. If you did not want to withdraw your application, please contact our Contact Centre immediately. As you have been withdrawn completely from the UCAS scheme for 2015 you cannot be reconsidered again in this year's application cycle. You will, however, be able to reapply in the 2016 scheme.On behalf of UCAS I hope this makes your position clear and wish you every success in your future plans."

Does this mean I've been defered or haven't they accepted the deferal and want me to re apply next year because surely if it was a deferal it would say? :/
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Livetomorrownow)
Hey so I had my Occupational health assessment for mental health nursing last Monday and I wasn't passed fit for practice due to a decrease in my mental health and a recent MH relapse. I was really upset because I was excited to start, but I like kind of had an idea it might happen because I've still not recovered 100% or received therapy from the CMHT yet... They said they could send the report off to the uni and ask for a medical deferal, which I was okay with (well as okay as you can be really?) but the head of Occ Health told me that they don't always have to accept the deferal and they could ask me to reapply... Which means I may have to go back to sixth form because I didn't get the grades I needed I recon I got a place due to my performance in the interview I had...

I got an email today off UCAS Track which said,
"We have been informed either by yourself, or University of ... that you do not intend to take up the place you were holding for Mental Health Nursing. The course was to start in Sep 2015 and had a point of entry 1. If you did not want to withdraw your application, please contact our Contact Centre immediately. As you have been withdrawn completely from the UCAS scheme for 2015 you cannot be reconsidered again in this year's application cycle. You will, however, be able to reapply in the 2016 scheme.On behalf of UCAS I hope this makes your position clear and wish you every success in your future plans."

Does this mean I've been defered or haven't they accepted the deferal and want me to re apply next year because surely if it was a deferal it would say? :/
I would give the university a call to know exactly where they stand. Did you not meet your offer and they accepted you anyway but then OH are saying to defer or did you see OH before you got your results?
Livetomorrownow
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I would give the university a call to know exactly where they stand. Did you not meet your offer and they accepted you anyway but then OH are saying to defer or did you see OH before you got your results?
I didn't get the grades they wanted on my conditional offer but they still gave me a place on results day, I had the occupational health assessment just under 2 weeks after results day
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Livetomorrownow)
I didn't get the grades they wanted on my conditional offer but they still gave me a place on results day, I had the occupational health assessment just under 2 weeks after results day
Since they still gave you a place after your results, I would call them and ask what's going on with it as that ucas message seems like they may want you to reapply where that might not be the case.
Don't go thinking anything like you'll need to go back to sixth form or anything like that, they accepted you on results day (so worst case scenario hopefully they would if you had to reapply) so don't go worrying about that
Livetomorrownow
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Since they still gave you a place after your results, I would call them and ask what's going on with it as that ucas message seems like they may want you to reapply where that might not be the case.
Don't go thinking anything like you'll need to go back to sixth form or anything like that, they accepted you on results day (so worst case scenario hopefully they would if you had to reapply) so don't go worrying about that
Thankyou! I think I'll ring ucas as well and see if they can clear anything up to make it abit clearer
I think with the sixth form thing, it would be more of a 'precaution' so like if I still wasn't well enough to start next year, I would at least have better grades to get onto another course that I could be interested in such as psychology! It probably makes no sense but yeah :')
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads