The Student Room Group

Should I attempt to apply to universities with my A-Levels? Or should I retake and th

Basically I have finished my A-Levels and they weren't great. I wasn't planning on going to University, and I was quite happy with staying at my part-time job that I enjoy and working my way up from there.
However, recently I have had this sudden change of heart, and now I want to do something with my life. I actually now want to go to University, but the issue is my A-Level grades are not great. For my A-Levels I achieved a D in History (C in AS), D in Psychology (D in AS) and a Merit in ICT BTEC (which I am actually proud of as it relates to the subject I am interested in at Uni, Computing). I also "achieved" (I use that term loosely) an E in English Language and Literature for AS, which really isn't relevant at all xD This brings my UCAS points up to... 220. Great.

Now I'm not a stupid guy, and because of this I'm actually taking it quite badly and am being quite hard on myself, something I haven't really done before with education. I KNOW that I've never really pushed myself for an exam, and because of this I KNOW that I can do better if I retake. There have been times over the past few days where I've felt REALLY down about it.

So, should I attempt to get into Uni with my current grades, or should I retake some of my exams and ACTUALLY TRY HARD so that my UCAS point total goes up? I really want to experience the Uni life as I've always been quite reserved and am just starting to come out of my shell now. Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
bump?
Reply 2
Last bump :/
Reply 3
Its too long, make it briefer and more to the point.
Reply 4
Original post by Maker
Its too long, make it briefer and more to the point.

Yeah, I've shortened it a bit now xD

Quick Reply

Latest