The Student Room Group

I hate college

So ive had my first day at sixth form college and I absolutley hated it. I went to a really good high school which I loved from day one however after only one day at college I really don't want to go back. I would do anything to go back to school and I really don't know how I'm going to cope over the next two years. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Reply 1
Hey,

do you want to specify what exactly you hate about it? maybe then we can offer some help
What is it you don't like, your subjects, classmates, teachers etc? :smile:
You may find after a short time you settle down and enjoy it. On the other hand, if you want to move, the sooner you apply somewhere else the better. Perhaps you would prefer a sixth form which is part of a school?
When I moved town from year 8 into year 9, my previous school was a secondary school (year 7 up to year 11) and I came into a high school (year 9 up to year 11). Everything was different. The school itself wasn't very friendly looking as it looked very old and un-cared for, whereas my old school was very modernised. On top of that, the people in my new school were so much worse. The teachers were unable to control the class, I have never before went to a school where the teacher is unable to teach as everyone in class is talking over them. In my old school no one would dare to talk over a teacher. On top of that, even though it was a new school for all of the year 9, people already came in friendship groups. No one wanted to let me in to their friendship group at the start. I got put together with a girl who was meant to be my buddy and show me around etc, yet all she did was avoid me. It took me about 4 days to find one friend, unfortunately I did not have any lessons with her. I wanted to move school so badly, I could not cope. But fast forward, a few weeks into my year 9 experience and I've found friends who I still call friends today (i'm currently in year 13).

I don't know the exact reasons for why you hate your sixth form, but if you're in the same position that I was once in, then I'm sure everything will get sorted. If you dislike your sixth form for a different reason, then maybe you still have time to change schools?
You're new, it's normal and okay to be feeling like the stubbed toe on the first few days/weeks/months.

You'll gradually settle down, make friends and learn to adapt to your new working environment.
Original post by tealites
Hey,

do you want to specify what exactly you hate about it? maybe then we can offer some help

The teachers didn't seem to have any motivation to make us do well, the class sizes were larger than my gcse class sizes (I dont cope well in large groups) and the staff just didnt seem friendly at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending