M8ty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thought I'd start a new thread for people thinking of applying for management at LSE next year and if someone could tell me if I've got a decent chance of getting in?

GCSEs: 6a*s 3as
As level: A econ A geog B Maths (resiting 2/3 modules) and C business (dropping it)
Predicted: A*AA

Also I haven't started my personal statement so any help would be great
Sammmmmi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your B in As Maths is really a hinderance but if you get predicted an A you should have a decent chance.
I'm also applying for management with Maths, Biology and Business predicted A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
M8ty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sammmmmi)
Your B in As Maths is really a hinderance but if you get predicted an A you should have a decent chance.
I'm also applying for management with Maths, Biology and Business predicted A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I'm a bit gutted about it, good luck bro where else you applying?
Sammmmmi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks, good luck to you too. I'm applying to Ucl - management science, kings - eco and management, bath - management and queen mary - eco, finance and management. Where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
M8ty
Rep:
?
Ucl- management, queen mary- econ, finance management, Leeds econ management and not sure about where else, ideally want to be in London on a managementish degree that's AAA
M8ty
Rep:
?
How are you gonna link in econ to your personal statement cause lse are meant to be pretty strict about the ps being mainly management?
Sammmmmi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by M8ty)
How are you gonna link in econ to your personal statement cause lse are meant to be pretty strict about the ps being mainly management?
My ps will be strictly management based as Lse is my top choice. If that makes me get rejected for the eco and management courses then so be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bio_mann123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sammmmmi)
My ps will be strictly management based as Lse is my top choice. If that makes me get rejected for the eco and management courses then so be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
im also taking business like yourself, LSE say that they don't like business so do you think we will get instant rejections. What did you get for ur AS results btw?
Sammmmmi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bio_mann123)
im also taking business like yourself, LSE say that they don't like business so do you think we will get instant rejections. What did you get for ur AS results btw?
I've seen many people taking business and being accepted, you need to get slightly higher than the entry i would think. I got 4 A's at As. Going to be predicted either 2 or 3 A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cudder1313
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applying to Management, European Bac with a 9.1 average. I took lots of scientific subjects, Further Maths and some basic subjects(History etc.) but didn't take Economics, will this penalize me?
Thank you
M8ty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cudder1313)
Applying to Management, European Bac with a 9.1 average. I took lots of scientific subjects, Further Maths and some basic subjects(History etc.) but didn't take Economics, will this penalize me?
Thank you
I really can't see it penalising you at all to be honest, you just have to make sure your ps is all about management, what you're interested in in the course and things you've done to show your interest, like pick specific modules and topics
Cudder1313
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you for your answer M8ty!
Mundeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone received an offer/rejection yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
M8ty
Rep:
?
I haven't' applied yet, you?
Mundeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sent my application during September and I've got the 2 week mail. So just waiting for further updates..there are people who got rejected alr though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cudder1313
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applied only a couple of days again.. Did they already give out some rejections?
christinadrougka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applied yesterday to LSE, UCL, KCL and Cass for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile
M8ty
Rep:
?
What predicted grades does everyone have + GCSEs?
Eddymok123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applied on the 14th of October with grades as follows from China:

IGCSE: 4A*s 4As
AS: 4as
predicted Alevels: 3A* 1A (I don't actually know my predicted grades because my school doesn't tell us but its pretty much at this level)

Only received the automatic reply... guess We'll have to wait...
Best of luck to everyone
JT0121
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im predicted AAA/AAA* and LSE is my top choice, but im really struggling to find similar courses in london. Most courses seem to me mixed with business . Any suggestions on possible uni's and courses??? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads