The Student Room Group

Matience loan and grant

Ok, I filled out the forms super late as I had problems changing courses and wasn't sure whether I was coming back to the same uni I was in. Once my course was confiemed I filled it out which was about a week ago. Last year I didn't apply for the maintence loan because I was living at home and thought I didn't need it. It was hard living with only the grant last year so I decided to aply for it.

I know it takes about 6 weeks to process the maintenance grant but what about the loan? Will they both arrive at the same time or will the loan come first?

Once I enrol will the maintenance loan be paid as with the tuition fee.

Sorry, just a bit confused
Maintenance Loan and Grant instalments will be paid on the same date. Tuition fee payments direct to your University take place later in the semester.

Hope this helps.
Reply 2
You can apply for SF for an academic year any time up to 9 months after the start of the date. If you miss the set instalment dates, money will be paid when your assessment us complete and the uni confirms your attendance. You won't have to wait until the next instalment date to get your Maintenance payments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending