The Student Room Group

Should I get my paper remarked?

Time for remarking will be running out soon and I am still unsure about whether I should send one of my AQA History AS papers to be remarked.

I achieved a B overall, being only 3 UMS marks away from an A. I got 81 UMS in unit 1 and 76 in unit 2, but I felt that the unit 2 exam went a lot better than the unit 1 so I would get the unit 2 remarked. I am not continuing History onto A2 so obviously I will not have the opportunity to bring my grade up with my A2 results.

Some people are saying that I shouldn't bother since I am dropping it but if my paper can gain even a couple of marks I'll be in the A grade boundary - meaning more UCAS points. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by BethMay17
Time for remarking will be running out soon and I am still unsure about whether I should send one of my AQA History AS papers to be remarked.

I achieved a B overall, being only 3 UMS marks away from an A. I got 81 UMS in unit 1 and 76 in unit 2, but I felt that the unit 2 exam went a lot better than the unit 1 so I would get the unit 2 remarked. I am not continuing History onto A2 so obviously I will not have the opportunity to bring my grade up with my A2 results.

Some people are saying that I shouldn't bother since I am dropping it but if my paper can gain even a couple of marks I'll be in the A grade boundary - meaning more UCAS points. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Do it.
Don't listen to them. Its still worth it. Remark it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest