Extra curricular/study? Watch

Naxx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I don't know if extra curricular is the correct term, or if i'm using the American name. Anyway, I'm going back to University this month and I'm aware how easy the first year is. I want to get the most out of University especially as I'm funding most of it myself.

How do I go about finding extra courses ran by my university such as Languages, maybe an accountancy course and anything extra?
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Naxx)
I don't know if extra curricular is the correct term, or if i'm using the American name. Anyway, I'm going back to University this month and I'm aware how easy the first year is. I want to get the most out of University especially as I'm funding most of it myself.

How do I go about finding extra courses ran by my university such as Languages, maybe an accountancy course and anything extra?
You don't want stuff from within the university. You want volunteering experience or real world experience. Get yourself an internship or work experience (preferably paid) as that'll put yourself ahead of your peers considerably when it comes to looking for graduate jobs.

Additionally, it's hard to say how 'easy' the first year of a course is because some are much more work intensive than others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?