The Student Room Group

Universities that accept IELTS lower than 6.5

I don't know if this has been asked before, but could you reccommend any universities that accept students that have got a grade lower than 6.5 in IELTS? I would prefer if they were in London, but outside of it is just as fine.
Reply 1
You might want to speak with universities and see if they offer something like pre-sessional English course.

I got into university when my writing module was below the requirement, so I know some universities are not so strict about it.
Reply 2
Original post by MarinaEpsilon
I don't know if this has been asked before, but could you reccommend any universities that accept students that have got a grade lower than 6.5 in IELTS? I would prefer if they were in London, but outside of it is just as fine.

Most universities show their IELTS requirements on their websites, but they may vary even at the same university depending on the specific course you want to do.

Perhaps you could start by using the UCAS search tool to find universities and courses you would be interested in and then check the specific websites for details.

If you want posters here to be able to give you more advice you would really need to give some idea as to what/where you want to study, otherwise people may suggest places that you would not be at all interested in. I personally know of 5 universities whose IELTS requirements for year 1 entry to undergraduate study is 6.0 but they might not be of interest to you...
Original post by FionaMG
Most universities show their IELTS requirements on their websites, but they may vary even at the same university depending on the specific course you want to do.

Perhaps you could start by using the UCAS search tool to find universities and courses you would be interested in and then check the specific websites for details.

If you want posters here to be able to give you more advice you would really need to give some idea as to what/where you want to study, otherwise people may suggest places that you would not be at all interested in. I personally know of 5 universities whose IELTS requirements for year 1 entry to undergraduate study is 6.0 but they might not be of interest to you...

I'm actually asking this for a friend of mine and she's interested in Psychology
Original post by MarinaEpsilon

apply for a foundation course. you get decent london unis that accept IELTS lower than 6.5.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending