The Student Room Group

Should I get my AS English Lit paper remarked?

I got 154 UMS marks in AS English Literature. (WJEC is the exam board). I got an A in the coursework and a B (88/120) in the exam.

160 UMS is an A, and my teacher has recommended a remark today.

I need an A ideally as I'm applying to study English at university, but I'm hoping I can make up the marks to get it next year.

Do you think I should go for the remark? I was nervous on the day of the exam but I think I did well. I just don't want to loose marks. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by girlinthechair
I got 154 UMS marks in AS English Literature. (WJEC is the exam board). I got an A in the coursework and a B (88/120) in the exam.

160 UMS is an A, and my teacher has recommended a remark today.

I need an A ideally as I'm applying to study English at university, but I'm hoping I can make up the marks to get it next year.

Do you think I should go for the remark? I was nervous on the day of the exam but I think I did well. I just don't want to loose marks. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

I think if you don't mind the fees for a remark (if it does actually cost you, it does at my college, but if you go up a grade you get your money back, but it may be diff at you college/school) and if your teacher has recommended it I think you should go for it ! Let me know how you get on, good luck and good luck with your A2s, I bet you will nail them :biggrin: !

Quick Reply

Latest