krisroe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I finished my degree this year and am going straight in to do my PGCE (at the same Uni). My student loan says it will be paid on the 7th Sept but I don't register for the course until the 14th Sept, although I've done the pre-registration online. Does this mean I will get the loan 3-5 days after the 14th or seeing as I'm still on the books at the uni will it go through as usual on the 7th? Every time I phone SF I get a different answer so thought I'd see if anyone else knows here.

Thanks in advance.
giblintoni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, you will need to wait until your first day so the University can confirm your attendance. However don't rely on a date, I had a student finance date of 28/08/2015, I enrolled on the 20/08/2015, University confirmed by attendance on 03/09/2015 and the payments still haven't been submitted.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
7th Sep is the earliest date that SF will release your funds, but they won't actually release them until the uni confirm that you have turned up to uni and registered/enrolled. Your registration date is 14th, so you won't get your money before that. Shortly after that, uni will send a list of attending students to SF and then the money will be released.

So you'll get your money sometime after the 14th, depending on how fast the uni communicate with SF, how soon after that SF release your funds and how long the money takes to pass through the banking system. Delays can occur at any point. Nothing will happen over weekends, so if you enrol/register on a Friday, in all likelihood, the earliest the uni will tell SF will be the following Monday.
seraphelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Confirming registration of students (which is the process that releases Maintenance Loan funds to students) can be completed 30 days prior to a course start date. If you have completed enrolment, your University can confirm your registration and your money will be paid on the day you are due to start your course. If your payment date differs from your course start date, then there is a difference between the University system and the information held on the SLC course database. If you have a Student Records Unit at your University, if might be worth giving them a ring and just asking which date to go by.

Confirming attendance of students (which is the process that releases Tuition Fee Loan payments to Universities) is done around the start of each term which are the liability points throughout the year that trigger the payments. So if you are enrolled and in attendance at the start of term, on the subsequent payment date your Uni will receive 25% of the tuition fee loan you have been granted. In semester 2, if you are still attending, then a further 25% is paid to the Uni. Around assessment week in Semester 2 is the final attendance / liability point. If you're still attending, the last 50% is paid to your Uni.

Hope this clears things up a bit. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads