szm95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi! Has anyone thought about what optional modules they are considering to do? Media, culture and society, Education and society so far seem interesting to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we have 3 mandatory units and we have to choose the other 3?
Oliver I
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I'm studying Sociology this year, staying in Canterbury Court halls. I haven't look at modules much I remember the sociology, I think we get to choose three modules and I think one of them can be from another course in the School of Social Sciences (as long as it can be time tables) I was hoping to do an economics module but I guess we'll see when we get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
szm95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oliver I)
Hi, I'm studying Sociology this year, staying in Canterbury Court halls. I haven't look at modules much I remember the sociology, I think we get to choose three modules and I think one of them can be from another course in the School of Social Sciences (as long as it can be time tables) I was hoping to do an economics module but I guess we'll see when we get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I didn't know that we could choose from another course, that's cool! Well I checked on the portal and some people have already enrolled onto classes...I don't know whether I should wait till welcome week or not
Oliver I
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hahaha, just re-read my last post, sorry for the awful grammar and general lack of sense... I'm not even going to try and make up an excuse for that lol. Anyway, I think it was either on the welcome week timetable or the welcome guide that came in the post, but there was definitely a talk or something on the course units for all the Social Science subjects some point during the first week (The Thursday I think). I don't know if that is for helping you choose your course modules or or for more info after you've selected... I'd consult the guide because there was definitely a lot a bout it in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
szm95
Rep:
?
I've just been on the portal and my timetable for the mandatory units have been uploaded. Thank God I haven't got any 9am starts! :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads