Applying externally to UCAS from sixth form

Watch
targzdz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If im in sixth form studying AS and A2 further maths only, do i have to apply to ucas internally through the school or can i apply externally?
I am reapplying btw (finished yr 13 this june).
targzdz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Bump
bamtutor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't have to apply through the sixth form, but it would be easier, as you will be able to use their UCAS advisers. You also need to get an academic reference. If you do it privately, you have to find a teacher willing to,do it, whereas in sixth form it will be done by an academic tutor automatically.
Florality
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rm761)
If im in sixth form studying AS and A2 further maths only, do i have to apply to ucas internally through the school or can i apply externally?
I am reapplying btw (finished yr 13 this june).
I wouldn't really see the point of applying externally and creating a lot more work for yourself, when you have what you need sitting right in front of you. Your sixth form might still offer help if you apply externally but it would be a lot easier to apply internally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads