The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough for medicine?

I received my GCSE grades a few weeks ago i am really interested in applying to medicine, however I don't know if my grades are good enough.

I received 5A* 3A 1B 1C
A*-bio chem physics maths and stats
A-history geog english lit
B-english lang(1 ums off an a getting it remarked)
C-texiles.

I know if my English grades remains same after remark i will not be able to apply to to some medical schools, but for the ones i can apply to are my grades good enough and would my English and textiles gcse grades hold me back.

thanks a lot.:smile:
They are good! :smile:

I had 1 A*, 8 As and 2 Bs at GCSE
Last year I managed to get all 4 interviews for med school!

Just apply wisely and to your strengths.
Reply 2
Is there any point me applying to medicine at all, with so much competition should I just apply for biomedical science instead? My grades at gcse are

4 A* : biology, chemistry, maths, art

6 A : physics, English Lang, English lit (took a year early) further maths, history, re sc

2 B : pe, Spanish

1 c : French (took when I was 13)

B at As film studies

I am due to start sixth form on Monday doing biology, chem, maths with stats and psych so hopefully will do better in a levels, will this be enough to do medicine in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi u guys seem like ur good at giving advice please can someone help me as none of my threads are being responded too?

Hi i failed my first year of alevels having passed only maths with a grade c.I am now planning to do btec level 3 and a2 maths and was wondering if i get a b for maths which is 100 ucas points would my btec suffice to add up the remaining points i need to get into uni by the end of this year (my friend said it would saying 1 year of btec gets you 210 points) so if i get 210+100=310 Is this possible and can i get into uni at the end of this year!?
Reply 4
Original post by Rickstahhh
They are good! :smile:

I had 1 A*, 8 As and 2 Bs at GCSE
Last year I managed to get all 4 interviews for med school!

Just apply wisely and to your strengths.

Hi
Can you please give your other stats as well and also which unis you got the offers from.Please your detailed reply would be very very helpful for us.
Hoping your quick and detailed reply.
Reply 5
Some of these posts...

Your GCSEs are great

Do well on your A-levels and entry tests (BMAT/UKCAT), and you'll be fine
Original post by Somama
Hi
Can you please give your other stats as well and also which unis you got the offers from.Please your detailed reply would be very very helpful for us.
Hoping your quick and detailed reply.

4 A*s achieved at A2.
Had 4 A*s predicted at time of applying. (Got 4 high As at AS)

Applied to Manchester, Barts, Keele and St George.
Interviews from all.
Offers from Barts and Manchester. Withdrew from Keele and St George just before the interviews as I had already got offers from the other two.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest