The Student Room Group

Shall i change schools?

Basically, I recently received my AS results and got 4A'S with a ums average of 91.5% across all 4 of my subjects (bio,chem,geog,psych). I wish to study medicine in uni and i know how competitive that is and the highest grades of my ability are crucial.

I currently attend a fairly average school (sixth form), the A-Level grades achieved each year are not perfect, i believe the % achieving AAB or above is 4%. With this said I was wondering whether I should change schools to one that is more prestigious as I feel like the teaching at my current school isnt great and the school may not be able to support people who are aiming for A*'s (such as extra classes for high achievers as i've heard other schools do this). I say this because im aware that A2 is harder than AS and requires more support, for example, Biology A2 extends out of the syllabus.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Stay where you are because some unis might give you a contextual offer if your sixth form is in a deprived area or in other circumstances
Reply 2
Original post by kemi28
Stay where you are because some unis might give you a contextual offer if your sixth form is in a deprived area or in other circumstances

I see, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest